I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Thursday, 29 April 2010

hapazome experiment

I watched this technique on BBC2 last night, programme called The Edible Garden. I have since downloaded it onto iPlayer, so I can watch it again, in case this goes horribly wrong.
Basically the idea is to transfer images of leaves or flowers onto a natural fabric, in this case I have used calico. They have to be fresh, not dried. You lay the object between two sheets of fabric and beat the hell out of it (they called it pummeling), I used the smooth end of a meat tenderizer. When you peel of the mess left behind, you should be left with a print.
Use a hot iron to set the picture.
So, this is me having a go at hapazome printing.
I started with a lot of ambition as you can see. As it was rather wet in the garden, I started with what I could find indoors.
This didn't go well....










So I did start bringing stuff from the garden...











Some thing worked better the others, I realized that it is no good using anything too fleshy, the thin leaves worked best.

2 comments:

DIAN said...

Wow, this is fabulous. I am off to the garden. The housework can wait. I am not sure what will work but I will give it a go. Thanks for mentioning this technique.

Elspeth said...

What an interesting technique. I had never heard of it, and am so pleased to have 'stumbled' across it here via your blog. You've certainly managed some beautiful images with your pummeling...LOL...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017