Thursday, 29 April 2010
Basically the idea is to transfer images of leaves or flowers onto a natural fabric, in this case I have used calico. They have to be fresh, not dried. You lay the object between two sheets of fabric and beat the hell out of it (they called it pummeling), I used the smooth end of a meat tenderizer. When you peel of the mess left behind, you should be left with a print.
Use a hot iron to set the picture.
So, this is me having a go at hapazome printing.
I started with a lot of ambition as you can see. As it was rather wet in the garden, I started with what I could find indoors.
This didn't go well....
So I did start bringing stuff from the garden...
Some thing worked better the others, I realized that it is no good using anything too fleshy, the thin leaves worked best.