I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Friday, 30 April 2010

hapazome obsession


Some more experiments today, I am slowly learning which plants are good for this and which are not. I found that the colours don't always come out the way you expect. The best result so far are with leaves. Geranium petals have come out quite well. The little blue flowers are lilac and pink phlox. Dark hellebores flowers have also made an interesting picture. I wonder about poppy petals, but it will a while yet before they come out. I am looking forward to trying this with more flowers and leaves, as they come out. I have tried to wash one of the less successful samples and found that the colour is holding quite well, so at the moment I don't see a need for any other fixative.
But I better leave this for now and get on with something else.












1 comment:

  1. These are turning out really well. I am very enthusiastic about this technique and follow your experiments eagerly.

    Will you use some kind of fixative, aside from the iron?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017