Friday, 30 April 2010
Some more experiments today, I am slowly learning which plants are good for this and which are not. I found that the colours don't always come out the way you expect. The best result so far are with leaves. Geranium petals have come out quite well. The little blue flowers are lilac and pink phlox. Dark hellebores flowers have also made an interesting picture. I wonder about poppy petals, but it will a while yet before they come out. I am looking forward to trying this with more flowers and leaves, as they come out. I have tried to wash one of the less successful samples and found that the colour is holding quite well, so at the moment I don't see a need for any other fixative.
But I better leave this for now and get on with something else.