I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Thursday, 29 April 2010

hapazome


Our son is back in UK, hurrah.


And so are our house martins, after a long winter away in South Africa. It is just so incredible, that such a small bird can make a just a long journey. At the moment there are 4 pairs, busily repairing their nests below our roof.



Watching the television last night I learned about hapazome, a Japanese technique of transferring flowers and leaves directly into a fabric, amazing and so simple. I can't wait to try it out. So much inspiration for embroidery.
At the moment I can't find any reference to a book on the subject.

2 comments:

DIAN said...

First I am thrilled your son is home safely.

I would love to hear about hapazome when you find out more about it.

I love the pic in the garden.

DIAN said...

I found this link

http://www.riverandcloth.co.uk/sites/default/files/Workshop_Plan_Hapazome_compressed.pdf

I hope it works.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017