I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 23 May 2010

summer at last

The summer has arrived in England, the last few days and nights were very warm and dry. We got up very early on Sunday morning and drove to the forest on top of the hill.
Leaving the car on the main road, we walked through the forest, in the morning sunshine, heading for the "settlement", the Parkhill Camp.











The Parkhill Camp is an interesting area. Is is believed that during an iron age there was a large settlement here.





















The contours of land in front of us certainly suggest that this site is man made, but by whom?
















But the main reason we come here in the spring is the very English sight, the carpet of bluebells.









On the way home we picked some hedge parsley and pink campion.

5 comments:

DIAN said...

lovely pics

T said...

my grandmother used to have blue bells in her garden. They are so vibrant... thanks for taking us into the settlement area it is beautiful.

xt

Lorenza said...

Thank you Radka for the suggestion about the books, In this moment I'm very busy but I'll try to order one of them. Beautiful countryside! Lorenza

Linda said...

Lovely photos again Radka. Interesting terrain and history. I never tire of seeing your beautiful flowers over there, especially those wonderful bluebells. Thank you.

Maleviks Rosenträdgård said...

Beatiful Pictures :)
Håkan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017