I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 6 June 2010

new schwalm book

This is another recent addition to my bookshelf, a book on Schwalm embroidery. It was recommended to me by Linda, a friend blogger from Australia. It was written by a German lady, Luzine Happel, who comes from the area where the Schwalm embroidery originates.
I had to order the book directly from the author, e-mail leuchtbergverlag@aol.com.
It is a very well written book, with very clear instruction and photographs. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in Schwalm embroidery. I consider it better then the book I had already, by Christine Bishop. Although I will still carry on with the sampler from Christine Bishop's book, I look forward to making a tablecloth from Luzine's book.

2 comments:

  1. It's so much fun to get a new stitchery book. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radka, this is a lovely publication, as is the other one I purchased, ie Fancy Hems and Borders. Her layout and pictures are easy to follow. I'll be so looking forward to a piece of Schwalm from you. I keep thinking I'll do this technique for my September needlecase.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017