my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Thursday, 19 August 2010

Cerne Abbas

We went to visit an elderly aunt today, who lives in Dorset. We took this opportunity to also visit another Dorset village nearby, Cerne Abbas.


Before we drove into the village, we stopped at The Giant, an outline of a figure carved out of the chalky hillside. Nobody really knows how old he is, but there are many stories about his origin.


The village of Cerne Abbas is a small, pretty village, normally very busy with tourists this time of year.
But it was very quiet today, with only a few people walking about, possibly due to the fact that the weather has changed and we were expecting to have a wet day. The rain held of and I could take a few photographs.





The weather has changed now, we have been having some rain on and of for a couple of weeks now and at last the garden has come back to life again.

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

Radka, I just love the "tours" you take us on in those lovely English villages. Cerne Abbas is delightful! And your garden is looking lovely. Sadly ours is on the way out as summer will be coming to an end soon, but my hydrangeas are still lovely!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Annabelle said...

Lovely pics. Place looks great.

Frances Leate said...

What beautiful flowers - I love the soft mauves and pinks. You certainly have attractive villages in your part of the world. Thanks for sharing them. Happy stitching!

Linda said...

Thank you again Radka for sharing your world. There are some lovely buildings/villages/scenery in your photos. I so enjoy the 'tours'. Loved the day at the beach. The flowers are beautiful too. Hydrangeas are one of my favourites, mother had lots of them, and they grew well. Such a pretty rose too, I have one almost the same.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017