I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Monday, 9 August 2010

Dunster castle

We are making the most of the summer and long days. We are fortunate to live in the area with several National Trust properties and as National Trust members we have a free entry to all their properties in the country.
Yesterday we visited the Dunster Castle. The original castle dates to Norman times and parts of it have survived until now. Most of the other bulding was remodelled around 1870.









Many historical house have very similar interior, but I have taken just a few pictures of parts or items which interested me most.



Leather panels made out of calf skins.
A few picture from Dunster village.

5 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I love castles and really enjoyed "touring" with you. I so want to visit Europe to see all those wonderful old buildings! Thanks for sharing, Radka! :o)

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, we must visit there sometime.

    Have the NT changed their policy on interior photos then? It was always 'no photography' when I used to visit a fair number of NT properties a few years ago. Hope so....=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos of Dunster - you are lucky to have such a treasuretrove on your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That crazy velvet and enbroidered quilt is an absolute stunner and so is your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots again Radka. Lovely ones of the embroidery and patchwork. Thank you for taking the time to share, so people like me can see so many wonderful places.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017