my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Friday, 13 August 2010

freeform designer bag

A couple of days ago I attended a lovely workshop, Freeform Designer Bag with Julia Hall (mother of Jane Hall) at Stitchncraft in Semley.

We were making knitted and crochet bag. The requirements listed Noro yarn, but we could use anything we wanted. I chose Noro as I have never used it before and the colours are so beautiful. In fact, I have not done any knitting for a long time, so I was really looking forward to this workshop. It makes an interesting change from knitting garments.
The idea is to knit and crochet various shapes and then attach them to the plastic bag frame. When the whole bag is covered, it then can be embellished with buttons, beads etc and a handle is stitched on and the bag is lined. Julia brought some bags she designed and made herself, they were fantastic. I can see that it is something which can become addictive, as so much is left to you own imagination, no two bags will ever be the same. Also, it is something that can be picked up and put down at any time, while working on the individual shapes.
I have already been looking up books on knitted and crochet flowers on Amazon!

This is as far as I got on the day! I will try to make as many pieces as I can before arranging them on the frame. So, watch this space!


7 comments:

Nuestras meriendas y manualidades said...

La bolsa ha quedado fantastica
Muchos besos:Mayte

Cyndi said...

What a fabulous idea! I've never seen anything like that before! I love what you've done so far and those colors are heavenly! I can't wait to see more!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Jensters said...

Wow im looking forward to the finished piece...love the wool and knitted leaves.

Linda said...

This should look lovely Radka. I'll be interested in your progress. That knitted leaf should be useful in this design. Hope you have fun with this project. Sorry I've been 'off air' for a day or so, life gets hectic at times.

Joy V said...

Radka, this bag is going to look fabulous. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Many years ago I did a lot of crochet and knitting before I got into quilting. Must have a go at this.

Anne-Mette said...

I have never seen anything like this before, but it sure sounds and look interesting. Looking forward to se, what your bag will look like.
Yes of course you can have a piece of my summercake ;-)). It was delicious.

Katherine said...

This sounds very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017