I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 19 September 2010

Stourhead


If this picture looks familiar, you probably have seen it before. This view has been photographed many times,
but also, like many properties owned and managed by National Trust, Stourhead house and gardens have been used as a film set on more then one occasion, mainly for making of period films.

It is just some 15 minutes drive from our house and on a day like this it is a pleasure to take a walk around the lake and let the grandchildren explore.


Just some of the view from around the estate.

Spread Eagle Inn





St.Peter's Church







Gothic Cottage

Grotto



5 comments:

  1. These are more beautiful scenes Radka, and very interesting to me at the moment. I'm working on a rusty vessel which could have been used in the glory days of this castle. I also love the grotto images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely photos Radka and what an interesting place to visit. I will look out for Stourhead in period films I watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Stourhead is beautiful! I'm sure I've seen it in films, as I love period movies, but can't place any at the moment. I sure would love to visit there, though. How lucky for you that you are so close!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such wonderful photos you have taken Radka and it looks a wonderful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the long walk we had when visiting this famous park, some years ago. It was a sunny, hot summer day and we didn't think the park to be so big :-) ! But it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017