I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 10 October 2010

Tail Feathers - nearly




The wet weekend away last week was followed by a busy week. Even being retired, I miss the time if I am not at home over the weekend. Or just stuck in my ways?

This weekend turned out to be just as busy, because we had visitors. Our son brought his lovely new girlfriend to stay.



As they decided to leave late this morning, to beat the M3 traffic back to London, I used the afternoon to carry on with the quilt. I didn't need to spend too much time at the machine, as the only thing remained was adding of the border.


After that I was working at the table downstairs, tacking all 3 layers together.
I was working with the back door to the garden wide open, as the summer seemed to have returned.
It was gloriously warm and sunny day.

The quilt is now ready for quilting. I will keep this to minimum, because there is enough stitching on already and too much quilting would be lost.




I wish you all a very good week!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Radka, this quilt looks a beauty. I am looking forward to seeing how you do the quilting. I'm not much for lots of quilting, and do my own, rather than have them professionally done. I love the colours, and I'm sure your embroidered blocks are delightful. Hope the cold weather doesn't find you too soon. Still damp here, a big change to what we are used to.

John'aLee said...

What a beautiful quilt.

Jensters said...

Oh my Radka i enlarged the photo and it looks amazing, cant wait to see it quilted.

Frances Leate said...

Oh Radka, what an absolutely stunning quilt and so beautifully stitched. I will look forward to seeing your progress with the quilting. Have fun!

Babara said...

This is indeed a very beautiful and so interesting quilt you made. Whilst being wrapped in or covered with this quilt one can "study" all the different blocks. You really did a great job! Lucky you being spoilt with warm sunshine. Here we've had some good days too, but it already is rather cold....winter isn't far away.
Have a nice day!
Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017