I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Tuesday, 16 November 2010

what should postman bring next?

I have been reading Jennie's blog, she has been learning "stitch and slash" technique in the course she is currently attending. I remembered that I learned this in one of the workshops I went to quite a while ago.
Jen is much more creative with her sample, it will be interesting to see it when finished.
The object of the workshop I went was to make a bag. It is one of the projects I actually finished!




I remember that our tutor brought various objects made using this technique, from cushions to a waistcoat.
Depending on fabrics used, you can get some amazing results.

I am waiting for the postman to bring me no 4 of BOM, so I can finish my Christmas tablecloth. I need one more corner to embroider plus the rest of the design. I might even finish it before Christmas!


Some of you, who have commented on the Tail Feathers quilt, wondered if they too should have a go at machine quilting. Let me say, that I don't think it is something I will take up in a big way, but I am glad I have done it and I will be confident to have a go if I need to in the future. It is very scary to start with if, like me, you haven't done any free motion embroidery before, but it gets easier. I practiced on a small Tilda stitchery before starting on the quilt, which proved to be a good idea.


5 comments:

Frances Leate said...

Radka I love the rich colours in your cute chenille bag and I am looking forward to seeing the finished Christmas tablecloth. Take care.

kasthurirajam said...

beautiful bag

Jensters said...

Wow Radka i so love your bag....mine are staying as samples at the moment a for my college work....im in love with Tilda its my type of quilting xx

Linda said...

Love the chenille work Radka, and those Christmas stitcheries are just delightful. Sorry I've been absent again, it's been a hectic week here. Will write soon.

Katherine said...

All very lovely. Been so long catching up but I have updated my blog now LOL and made a promise.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017