I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 27 November 2010

winter is here


Yes, it snowed last night. Then it got warmer, then more snow and the temperature dropped again by the morning. The result - icy road this morning.
Today was the last meeting of our group of the Embroiderer's Guild, next meeting in 2011. So, braving the icy road and knowing that there is 2 1/2 miles between me and the main road which, hopefully, would be treated, I set out, driving very gingerly.
When I arrived at my destination, I was the only one there! Eventually, another lady arrived, but that was it, we just set there, looking at the locked door. Obviously, everyone else knew something we didn't, that probably due to the weather, today's meeting has been cancelled. Only, they forgot to tell the two of us! Wouldn't you be mad? And as I am writing this, I am yet to hear from the anyone on the committee.
So I came back again, on the same icy road. At least I have taken some pictures.






4 comments:

  1. What a disappointment when you made such an effort and braved those icy roads. It seems fantastic to me seeing all that snow when I am sitting here in shorts and a T-Shirt in a cool airconditioned room. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ups that was not a very good thing to do.. I am very happy that you are back home and safe. In Norway we have icey roads too but we have "winther Boots"( winther Tires) on our cars so it is almost safe to drive.
    Take care and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How annoying for you to brave the elements to find that your branch meeting had been cancelled without a word to you or the other lady. I too would have been mad.

    At least you took some amazing photos, & thank you for sharing them with us.

    Glad you are home safe & warm now.
    Your Friend Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame you had to brave the conditions for nought Radka, so disappointing. Thankfully though you've got some lovely photos for us again. They are quite beautiful, despite their true meaning. I hope you were not too upset and managed to stitch at home when you returned. Has anyone phoned yet???? Not good management is it. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017