I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 11 December 2010

christmas tree festival

This is St Andrew's Church, standing on the hill above the village of Stoke Trister, where they hold an annual Christmas Tree Festival. It is a lovely small church with a beautiful old organ.


Some of the Christmas trees were dressed by groups, some by individuals, but they were all very different.










Do you remember when I was making my fabric birds? Well, this is our Textile group's tree, "Birds",


and some of the other's:

I liked this "Cross Stitch Christmas",


a tree by the "Brainwave" charity group

"To Music" with ornaments made from fabric with music theme


"Earts & Crafts"

But the most impressive and hard hitting was this one, "Them and Us", a tree made out of wood. One side represented all the wealth and opulence of one part of the world,


the others side the desperation and struggle for a survival by the rest of the world.

8 comments:

  1. Christmass tree festivals are great aren't they ?...I posted about one we went to a couple of weeks ago .......that is a hard hitting tree .....x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea, Never heard of it before. Sone of those tress are very thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely report, Radka. I love England and its small churches and places and houses. I spent 1 year near Worksop, an unforgettable time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Radka, thanks for the tour of the crhistmas trees. I do like the idea of the tree representing ideas and concerns of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    And thank you so much for stopping by my blog... that was a strange time for all of us living there at that time without a doubt!
    I love this post about the Christmas Tree Festival and all the themes are amazing particularly the "Us and Them". Thank you for bringing them a little bit closer!
    Very best wishes,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Radka, what variety. Very interesting registration of trees. The present new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea, this Christmas tree festival! Very impressive the tree "us and them". I also like the bird tree :-) !! On the whole I think that this kind of trees can bring us to many different "themes" and "motivate" our phantasy (and creativity).
    Have a lovely day!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Radka, thank you so much for sharing the Christmas Tree Festival. What beautiful trees!! They all have something magical about them. I love the church. It looks very much like the one my daughter was married in last year [the inside]. You have some of the most amazing buildings and I'm always pleased you care to share with those of us who probably will never see such sights. Thank you sincerely. Hope the weather is a little milder.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017