I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Monday, 14 February 2011

casalguidi embroidery

Another project, discarded last year, finished at last. My Casalguidi sample. I actually enjoyed stitching it very much, once I have found the time for it, so I hope to do more of this type of embroidery sometime in the future.


This project came from this lovely book by Via Laurie.
It is full of samples in various embroidery techniques.


Threads:
DMC Cotton Perle No12, shade 822
Chameleon Perle No8, shades 31, 33, 97

8 comments:

  1. That is a lovely piece of work, Love the colours. Glad you finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is really lovely!I like the 3D quality that this technique achieves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing another project Radka. I know what a great feeling that is!! I love your Casalguidi, and hope to attempt some myself in the near future. I love the texture you achieve with this type of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Radka... its cute really...
    Happy Valentine’s Day … hope you spare a little bit of your valuable time for me …
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the texture of your Casalguidi embroidery. The only raised embroidery I have attempted was Brazillian embroidery but I needed to spend a lot more time on it than I did. Since I discovered the joys of needleturn applique, hand piecing and English Paper Piecing I can't seem to find time these days for much embroidery. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh,wonderful flowers,its really marvellous.

    Congratulations.Aurori

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely technique that is new to me. How interesting that book looks too, I often don't know how best to use space dyed threads, but they are soooo tempting when I come across them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! It looks stunning. I am also into getting some UFO's finished. Managed all the embroidery ones and now have a few waiting for new frames to turn up. Lost nearly all the old frames I had stored in the shed unfortunately. I do have a bit of patchwork to go on with and now that the air con is fixed I can attack it as time allows.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017