I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Friday, 4 March 2011

slow progress





No shattering news on the stitching front, I am affraid.

                        





                               
                I am working on the next section of my Schwalm sampler.


I have embellished the top of my Spring quilt with some embroidery and I have started to quilt by hand.
I am using a design which came with the quilt pattern, which is more complicated then I have ever done, so this will take some time!
I am using a light green Aurifil thread.

9 comments:

Frances Leate said...

The Schwalm embroidery is looking good and I am sure you will enjoy your hand quilting on this beautiful quilt. Take care.

Cyndi said...

Oh my goodness, Radka, that Schwalm sampler looks gorgeous. What beautiful work you do! And your Spring quilt is looking great, too. You are definitely good at hand stitching!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Anneliese said...

Bravo that you are handquilting!
I never did Schwalm embroidery - and I like your sample very much. The quilt will be beautiful - will we see the complete piece when it is finished? Of course, patience!

Front Range Stitcher said...

I've just found your blog and have enjoyed seeing your outstanding work. I am also filled with joy (and envy) just looking at your spring photos!

Nuestras meriendas y manualidades said...

It´s wonderful,the quilt will be very beautiful.You are an artist.Congratulations.

Kisses.Aurori

Barbara said...

Wow, your schwalm sampler will become a masterpiece. It's just a pity that I don't manage to do some embroidery with my ill fingers. And when I was young and my fingers were ok, I didn't feel like sewing and stitching. I am looking forward to seeing the whole quilt when it is finished.
Barbara

Farah Muzaffar said...

Radka I don't know this term of for embroidery but it looks very effort full... I am really a fan of your neatness... Embroidery without neatness is nothing and you have perfection in it... Waiting for the completion...
Hope you will enjoy your visit if you can spare a little bit to see some napkin folds at
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Karen said...

What kind of stitching is the Schwalm project? It is lovely.

✿*゚¨゚✎Claudia Lis✄*゚¨゚✿ said...

Beautiful, magic! un abrazo cariñoso desde Chile

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017