I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 15 May 2011

lazy weekend

First of all, thank you to all of you who have given me ideas what to make with the block no 5. I should had said that it is 11" square, so sadly a little too large for a pin cushion. I will of course let you know what I have done with it (if anything at all!).
Last week was very hectic for me and I was very glad when Friday evening arrived. All I was capable of was just to veg in the front of the TV.
As we had no special plans for the weekend, I promised myself to have a "lazy" one. And that is what I did, rather I didn't do very much at all. Bliss. The weather looked fantastic looking out of the window, dry and sunny, but outside it is very windy, with a cold north wind howling through the garden, so no pleasure in being out there.


So, besides stitching, what else is there to do on a day like this?


Baking! Rhubarb is in season, so lets make something with it.

 Rhubarb and Custard tart: 

 

served with juices from the cooked rhubarb and some fresh cream


I ventured outside just for long enough to check progress in the garden and to take some pictures.

I think this would make a good stitching subject.

We have had the best of the azaleas, but the poppies are just opening up and the peonies are not going to be far behind, so I hope this wind will stop soon.


The strawberries are doing very well, it will be something for the grandchildren to pick soon, if we'll get some more warm sunshine.


And some more irises:





I wish you all a very good week!

10 comments:

  1. Oh yes, my kinda weekend. The rhubarb pie looks so delicious and your flowers are wow. Lovely photography. We have a cold south westerly blowing at the moment, so have been snuggling up inside too. Just enjoyed your slide show. Cheers Di.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Radka! I'm behind on blogging again, so trying to play "catch up". You gardens, as usual, are just stunning. I love to visit you to see your gorgeous flowers. And oh my goodness, that tart is making my mouth water!

    We had a really hot (in the 90s), humid and sunny week, but then it turned off cool and wet yesterday. Supposed to be in the 50s for most of this coming week, with lows in the 30s and 40s...that's Spring in the Midwest for you! Sure makes it hard to figure out what to wear from day to day!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog, so I discovered your!
    Elisabetta

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful garden you have. You understand that I envie(?) you since you seen pictures of mine!! Next weekend a will also bake a ruhbarb pie. Thans for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Radka
    That Rhubarb & Custard tart looks so yummy. Would I please be able to get the recipe for it please. My email address is epet8290@bigpond.net.au
    Thank You Your Friend
    Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased you had a moment to 'vege', and obviously, for you, cooking is relaxing. The dessert looks ever so delicious, and so totally off my list at the moment, so I'm pleased it's just sitting there on the computer monitor, and NOT on the table!! I love your flowers as usual, the lovely image with the three fluffy blooms is superb Radka, congratulations on such lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your headers always put a smile on my face Radka.....such wonderful flowers....fancy that rhubarb do you grow your own if so i have a question to ask! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this rhubarb tart looks wonderful I wish I could rush over for a try or lets say I make mine and you come ove - wouldn't that be fun.
    This year everything is so early. Roses are in full bloom and my peonies are nearly "over".
    And thanks for your comment on my vacation - there are so many more photos ...
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmh, I love rhubarb tart with custard cream (I also bake it from time to time as we have rhubarbs too in our garden). Yours looks so yummy! What a lovely red poppy you have...it is such a special color. Ours are already faded...everything goes so quickly this year, due to the lack of rain. We are still waiting for a real rainy day (funny to ask for this, but we i.e. the farmers really need it).
    Greetings from a summer garden too!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some very beautiful flowers and I like the ones that you think would make a great stitching project! So delicate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017