I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 6 November 2011

Jacobean embroidery

I have finished a Jacobean embroidery, stitched in Chameleon threads on silk. I like using space-dyed threads, they give a such nice varied finish.

I always feel a great satisfaction when I get from this,


to this.



Design: from book by Via Laurie "Embroidery Techniques Using Space-Dyed Threads".
Threads: Chameleon hand dyed threads Perle No.8 and Stranded cotton.
Stitched on silk.


In fact I have enjoyed Jacobean embroidery so much, that I am starting another one.


It gives me a welcome break from the Scandianvian Christmas quilt.

I wish you all a very good week!


16 comments:

Farah Muzaffar said...

Hi Radka .... so impressive ... what a neat and beautiful touch... master piece ... the colours you choose are great, the design and the most important your hands...Lovely
Happy if you come to see me at
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
with love from
Farah

Gudrun said...

All what you create looks wonderful, also these embroderies.
Don´t stress,Christmas comes anyhow.
As Wenche says:-))
Hugs Gudrun

Anne-Mette said...

Dear Radka.
I don't know what to write. Your embroidery is so lovely. I really love the look of it.

El Olor de Cádiz said...

HOLA AMIGA !!!! ME ALEGRO DE SALUDARTE. QUIERO COMENTARTE TU ULTIMO TRABAJO, QUE ME PARECE PRECIOSO CON ESE COLORIDO QUE TIENE.
CUANTO TRABAJO !!!!! PERO HA MERECIDO LA PENA, VERDAD????? RECIBE UN BESO DESDE CADIZ, ESPAÑA.

cose di lino said...

Bellissimo!
nunzia

Anneliese said...

Wonderful embroidery, Radka, I wish I would be so far!!

Sue said...

Lovely embroidery Radka. I wish I had the patience for such lovely intricate work.

Mariângela Maciel said...

Oi amiga
Ficou lindo!!!! sensacional!!!

Fique com Deus! bjs

Linda said...

This piece has turned out so well Radka. You must be thrilled with it. Of course, you know it has been done using some of my favourite colours........te, he, he... I am sure the next one will equally as beautiful, and stitched perfectly. Hope your week is not too hectic, and you find time to work on some of your projects. A very warm week predicted for us.

Hanna said...

Dear Radka,
How beautiful, I love the colours and the design, congratulation -
have a nice week
Hanna

Frances Leate said...

Lovely embroidery Radka and so beautifully stitched. Take care.

l'alternativa said...

Dearest Radka, is really beautiful, talented, a hug
Emi

Katherine said...

Love it! I am missing stitching at the moment and plan to do something similar for a lovely footstool Lance found for me.

Joy V said...

Stunning work Radka.

Dianne said...

Radka, your Jacobean is just so beautiful. Lovely colourings too. Have I told you how much I love your header and surround?? Autumn is a lovely time of year. Cheers, Di.

Mette said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017