I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 4 February 2012

all in a day

The winter arrived this week, gone is the hope of an early spring. We have been having some very cold days, with temperatures as low as -10C. This weather comes from the Continental Europe, where they are having it much, much worse.
We woke up this morning to a bright, but cold frosty morning.


 Not wanting to drive anywhere, we decided on a walk from the house, out of the village, across frozen fields, in the direction of Alfred's Tower,


with only a cold wind and sheep for the company.


Normally there is a very good view from up here, but by the time we walked up to this point, the sky clouded over and only parts of the village were visible, although most of the village is hidden in the valley.


Back down in the village, the duck on the local pond complained that it had to get it's skates on instead of going for a swim!


By the late afternoon, the picture changed completely.


The snow arrived.




 
The best place is by the fire, with my silk embroidery project, and planning the border for the "Summer" quilt, now that all the central blocks are done.

10 comments:

Juliettecherry said...

Oh! how beautiful the countryside looks when it's white with frost or snow. You are in the best place though, cosy at home which is when we appreciate our needlework interests the most, I always think.

Loved the photo and comment about the duck on the ice!!

Nice project to think about your summer quilt.

Frances Leate said...

The photos showing the snow covered ground are wonderful and amazing from where I sit. You huddle in front of the fire and we are taking refuge in cool airconditioning and we are both stitching. Take care.

Gudrun said...

I think days like this(we have -25)are so nice in a way. No demands, you just have to keep you warm. You wonder how all animal can take it?. But ducks really needs skates!! :-)
Have a nice week

Diane-crewe said...

thanks for taking us on your walk xx Definatly need to stay in fron tof the fire for as long as possible xx

Gudrun said...

I see you have got a bit of winter too:-))
Keep warm inside with your stitchery. I like the blocks,nice colours.
Kram Gudrun

Linda said...

Such glorious views as always Radka, so much more exciting than my walks lately. I love the snow covering everything [from here.....LOL]. The duck photo is really cute!! I can imagine stitching by the fire is the best place to be. I just love the colour of the silk you are using for your embroidery. Your 'summer' blocks are looking very nice indeed.

Barbara said...

Snow indeed changes a countryside. And suddenly everything looks a little different ....but of course nice too! We also have snow and temperatures around -17°C. You're right, actually it's just wonderful to be inside, sewing or stitching and enjoying the warmth. I like your silk embroidery. Will you show us more details of it, please?
Stay warm!
Barbara

Nähmeise said...

such a beautiful landscape pictures you show us!
also very cold temperatures are 15 degrees minus with a lot of snow!
I liked your new projects and I am looking forward to new pictures

...tiktakro... said...

I like your garden under the snow...I think that in spring it will be awesome !
And I do like the walk I take with you ...thank you for so pleasant time ( even if it's only virtual ;) ) ...poor duck! how she would love a good splash in the water....did she have food there if the water is frozen ?

Katherine said...

Amazing how quickly things can change in a day! I'll swap you muggy 30oCs anyday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017