my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 31 March 2012

end of March


and summer has returned to spring. Today is gloomy and cold, but still no rain, which we badly need.
I have made most of the wonderful summer weather we enjoyed until yesterday, stitching in the garden as much as I could. The light is so much better outside then any artificial light inside.








I finished another block of the indigo quilt, with more practice of stitching shishas. I enjoy this relaxed style of embroidery,


which is very different from the more controlled style of my silk project.
Still some more work to be done here.


I also managed to knit few more rows of the lace scarf,


and some more hand quilting of the Summer quilt.


Despite the shortage of water, the garden is slowly waking up and there are more and more signs of life.





Even first plum blossoms.



Enjoy your weekend!

13 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

That must be the reason I mend so many more quilts in the summer.....
We thought we had summer as well, now its -8 at night...Grrrr

Gudrun said...

Spring really has come far where you live.Is it much earlier this year?
You are busy with several works I can see:-)))
Hugs Gudrun

Katherine said...

That scarf is stunning. Such a beautiful colour! Love your stitching for the indigo quilt and also the silk embroidery too. Your quilting is also looking great. Reminds me that I have one to finish over winter LOL. It has been a work in progress since Sarah was in Grade 2!

Sue said...

Loving your stitching- looks like were back to scarf weather after a hot week that has bought everything far to early.

I hope this last week wasn't summer.

Cyndi said...

Our weather is running the gamut, too! It bounces back and forth between Summer and Spring temperatures, with a few Winter temps in there, too. But we are getting lots of rain. That's typical for us here in the Spring, and then we don't get any in the Summer months! :o(

All of your flowers are so beautiful...right now my azaleas and Dogwood tree are blooming...and my lilacs are on the verge. Hoping they are open by Easter Sunday!

You do the most fabulous embroidery, Radka, and that lace scarf you are knitting is GORGEOUS!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my friend!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Linda said...

Hi Radka, my goodness, what beautiful photographs again. I always enjoy 'your garden'. They blooms are starting, that is wonderful. I know how you feel about natural light, however, I very rarely go outside to stitch, as we seem to have too many flies!!!

The daffodils in the header photo are simply delightful!!

I love all your embroidery and quilting, but that Indian stitchery is certainly eye catching and interesting. Have a lovely week.

lm said...

Ahoj,Radko,
i u nás se počasí poněkud pokazilo,ale věřím,že se hezké dny opět vrátí a už se těším na to jak se všechno kolem zazelená.Celá tvoje práce je nádherná a perfektní. přeji hezké dubnové dny ahoj Libuše

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Radka. Thanks for stopping by. Your stitching is lovely, as usual. The shisha embroidery is fun, but the silk is really sophisticated and elegant. Knit lace is one of my favorite kinds of lace, but soooo time consuming. LUV that pink flower photo--a weird tulip?
best, nadia

Jen said...

I would love to be sewing in your garden Radka. It always looks lovely.
Your silk project is very pretty and delicate and I can't believe the lace scarf it is beautiful knitting.

DIAN said...

I too love that scarf Radka. So feminine. the indigo quilt is coming along well too.
I love the spring garden pics.

Juliettecherry said...

Lovely photos Radka, your garden is just a little ahead of mine. I have watched your amazing slide show, such a variety of needlework skills. You are so talented.

Nähmeise said...

Dear Radka,
a nice "Easter Festival" for you and your family !!!

Vlaďka said...

Radko, přeji krásné velikonoční svátky!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017