I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 29 April 2012

Summer quilt

It all started with a giveaway on Cyndi's blog about a year ago. I was lucky to win 4 packs of fabric, 2.5 x 2.5in from the "Lovely" range by Moda, 42 squares in each pack. What to do with them? Can I get any more of this lovely fabric?
Eventually I found on line Pelenna Patchworks, who at the time stocked the full range, and later in a shop I came across "Rose Parade" by Moda, which compliments "Lovely" very well.


 After some searching I found a picture of a quilt in a magazine and based my quilt on this, with some changes. I used the small squares for the centres of the stars. The quilt has taken a long time to make, partly due to a fact that I decided to hand quilt it. I am glad I did, I am pleased with the result. I enjoy hand quilting. It is not perfect, but it is not a quilt for a show, it will live with me and it is unlikely it will ever be inspected by a "stitch police".


I wanted to display my new quilt in our garden, but the weather is not on my side.


But I think it looks just as good inside.


Thank you, Cyndi, for the inspiration to make this quilt!




Summer Quilt
Fabric: Lovely and Rose Parade by Moda
Hand quilted: using Aurifil - shade 2420, pretty light peach, on the white fabric
                                Presencia Finca Perle 16 - shade 1247 on the rest


10 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt Radka and congratulations on the win and finding suitable fabric to match. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent use of the small squares with a very good match too for the rest of it. A lovely quilt, feel sure you will enjoy using it.

    I always feel hand quilting is worthwhile too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather is against us but your quilt certainly is one to brighten these dull days.
    Cheery would be a good name for it.


    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pleased you've managed a finish too Radka. Your quilt looks lovely, due in no small part to the beautiful hand quilting. I really love the look of hand quilting, and the colours you've chosen are great. Sad that the day of the photograph was a tad bleak, but you've managed to give us a wonderful presentation anyway. Sorry I've been slack lately, but I had been working on a project, and we've been away for a few days. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Radka. It is such a lovely bunch of colours and prints and I love your hand quilting too. Machine quilting can be great too but seeing hand quilting is something really special these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say that i do admire people who have such patience to do it by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Radka.
    What a wonderful summerquilt and story about it :-). It looks great and you did a great job. Wish you many wonderful hours with the new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is beautiful and the fabrics are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Radka! I've been away from my blog - and my computer in general - for almost a month now, so I'm just now getting caught up on my freinds' blogs. I am so happy to see your quilt...it turned out so beautifully, and I think it was the right choice to hand-quilt it. Those fabrics are just so "lovely"! :o) And gee, I sure wish I had known that you had paired them up with Rose Parade. I won a jelly roll and a few charm packs of that line a while back and they are just taking up space in my sewing room....I would have sent them to you as well!

    Hope you're doing well, and I'll chat with you soon!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely and joyful summer quilt, dear Radka. I love the colors as well as the pattern you chose for it. Will you keep it for yourself? (I would do it :-) !)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017