my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Monday, 2 July 2012

July Sunday

July, really? Are you sure?
Monday morning and we have more of the same - RAIN, RAIN, RAIN! At the moment they are not promising us anything else, something to with the Jet stream being too far south for this time of year. Whatever.....

So the little break in the cloud yesterday was more then welcome and we could go on our usual Sunday morning walk in the forest.


to watch the bumble bee working ever so hard,




to look for wild orchids and pick tiny wild strawberries.





By the afternoon - more rain. Back inside...
You can't beat the smell of fresh baking on a wet Sunday afternoon,

apricot cake


and enough bread for the week.


 

I wish you all a very good week!

10 comments:

Tiggy Rawling said...

Welcome back to summer in England! I so enjoyed your holiday posts. It all looked so gorgeous. Meanwhile, where did I put my wellington boots!

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Radke, Oh, how I love seeing photos of your Sunday walks in the forest. Those foxgloves flowers are stunning. Oh, how I wish we could have some of your rain, here it has been a very very awful HOT Summer with little rain. The cool air just does not seem to be strong enough to push down the heat to the south again. Lovely post. Hugs Judy

katherine macwin said...

You're a very lucky girl getting to so and see that on your daily walk. Love seeing your pics

Ella said...

Radko mate okolo vas krasnou prirodu,ja se na zahrade piplam s Foxglove a u vas roste podle cesty a dvakrat tak velky,to asi bude tim ze u vas hodne prsi.Vuni lesnich jahod si jen pamatuji z detstvi.Tvuj chleba vypada pekne ,urcite i dobre chutna.

Linda said...

I simply adore foxgloves, and wish that we could grow them here. I love your walks, so thanks for always sharing them with us. Your cooking looks wonderful too. I really need to come and visit, that bread looks delicious, and several slices with my thick home made soup would be most enjoyable I'm sure. Sorry to hear the weather is still not behaving normally.

margaret said...

how I enjoyed strolling through the forest with you, glad you took us whilst dry.
Wet here in Leeds too, the weeds seem to be growing twice as fast as usual but some of the plants are doing really well too. I have quite a few self seeded foxgloves the birds must have had a hand in that and they are taller than usual.
Your bread has made my mouth water and I could almost smell it baking.

Diane-crewe said...

lovely walk... save me a cake!! x

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

Lovely photos! It's so nice to see others who make their own bread. Send some of that rain our way! We're in Colorado with the worst fires in the state's history.

Dianne said...

Yummy looking food and yummy flowers too. A lovely post and I, too, love to go on your forest walks with you Radka. Hope your rain stops soon!

Deborah O'Hare said...

...think alike! Do you think it is the same bee :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017