I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Monday, 16 July 2012

life's a journey

It was probably the wording on the pattern's stitchery which got my attention first of all,
"Life's a journey - take time to smell the flowers along the way!"
I think this so true. May be you need to be of a "certain age" to appreciate the importance and the meaning of those words. Anyway, I thought I would like to make this wall hanging for my DD's 40th birthday, which was yesterday. So this is my "secret project". I got the pattern in May, and with the holiday coming up, I had to get my skates on and get the stitchery ready to take with me to stitch on holiday. I chose brighter colours for my wall hanging.



And here it is, a present finished just in time.





For anyone interested in the pattern, it is by "House On The Hill" design company, for the link click here.

13 comments:

DIAN said...

Oh this is beautiful and stitched with such love.

I am sure your daughter will love it,

Karen said...

A very sweet stitchery and I love the applique and quilting of hearts.

Dolores said...

I love your colourful button flowers. It's a very pretty little wall hanging with a lovely message.

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

It's adorable, and I love her hair. What is the name of the pattern, who is the designer and who makes it? I'd love to see it I could get similar patterns on our side of the pond.

Vlaďka said...

To je krásný dárek. A úžasný citát na něm vyšitý. Člověk si uvědomuje smysl těchto slov až od určitého věku. Před tím pořád někam spěchá - už aby se stalo tohle nebo už aby bylo toto - a najednou je mu 40 nebo 50 nebo i víc... Dceři i nám všem přeji hodně voňavých zastavení.

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

What a wonderfull birthdaygift :-).
Yes, I think you are so right. One need a certain age to remeber to take the time to smell the flowers along the road.
Thank you for sharing all those great garden and flower photos. Love them.
Anne-Mette

Beverley said...

That is absolutely lovely. Your daughter is very lucky to have a Mum like you.

Dianne said...

Gorgeous work, Radka. The sentiment is indeed very true. Your daughter would have been delighted with this gift, I am sure. Regards Di.

Joy V said...

Beautiful work Radka - love the bright colours.

Jen said...

Beautiful stitchery Radka so pretty and lovely wording, how true life is a journey.Cute little button flowers and love hearts make a perfect daughter gift stitched with love.

katherine macwin said...

Its beautiful Radka!

Linda said...

So, so pretty Radka, and made for a special purpose. I am sure it will take pride of place in your daughter's home. Happy birthday to her, and thank you for pointing out such a lovely saying, so true. We are all so lucky to have such special friends in our life's journey, friends who share our interests. Cheers.

Gudrun said...

I love this and of course your daughter will do so also.
What colours and stitcheries!
Have a nice day!
Hugs Gudrun

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017