I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Tuesday, 7 August 2012

building continues


The "stitching in the garden" weather is eluding us again, we are back to very changeable one, nevertheless I have finished the first block of Yoko Saito's Mistery quilt, a pattern for which is being published in Quiltmania magazine.


I am not very happy with the reverse applique and I have decided to go back to the iron on applique in the next block. Also, I find small shapes too fiddly to stitch by needle turn method as per instructions, so again I prefer to use an iron on and a blanked stitch. But overall I am happy with the block and the fabrics I used.
Despite the strange weather, the garden is doing quite well and it is pleasant to walk around and take some pictures.






And so, on with the next block!


I am certainly having fun with this project. All hand stitching, so I can take it with me anywhere. And it is a nice change to do something which is not too precise, and just to play with fabrics.







7 comments:

  1. My opinion is the same about reverse applique. Not easy to get it nice.
    Your quilt will be very nice,I know.
    Hugs Gudrun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Radka, I like the colours of your 1st Mystery block and how you used them on the houses. A really lovely block. The needle turn with little pieces of fabric, I can never seem to get them right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Radka!
    Wieder schöne Fotos und interessante
    Appli-Häuser!
    Liebe Grüße aus Hamburg
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Radko ten quilt bude opravdu moc hezky barevny ,tak jako je tva zahradavsechno ti hazky kvete.
    Ta cibetkova kava ma takovou horkou [hacek nad r] stipavou chut ale jestli je to dobra kava take nemuzu posoudit protoze ja piju capuchino.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never done needle turn and by the sounds of it I don't think
    I will try it any time soon lol. I also prefer blanket stitch.
    Love your houses too.
    The garden is looking gorgeous and some of my roses here are just starting to shoot. Pruned them later than usual too so hope we dont get any really heavy frosts otherwise it might end in disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Radka. Love the colors you've chosen on your finished block--it's very lovely. Gorgeous flower photos, too!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Mistery blocks with all the lovely houses. I regret that I am not able to stitch as often as I'd like, but my fingers do not allow this. I'm glad that from time to time I am able to do some needlework for an hour or two. Your garden looks great with all the beautiful flowers. Now it's time to enjoy it. Have a nice Sunday!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017