I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 20 January 2013

Fernhill and igloo





On the day when local children built an igloo,
which made the snowman smile (or is it because he has a new hat?),












          
   I finished Fernhill, button BOM by Lynette Anderson,
which I bought from Fobbles.



Some of the fabric is Lynette's own design, the rest from my stash.
All the buttons have now been stitched on.
I have also stitched on a sleeve, so I can hang the quilt up.



















Embroidery threads: Weeks Dye Works, as suggested by Lynette.
Hand quilted with: King Tut and Finca No16.

©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk




14 comments:

  1. The snowman and igloo are fantastic. Pretty neat. BUT I absolutely love your finished Fernhill. Love it. The colors are wonderful. Lovely Piece of art. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sei bravissima Radka questo lavoro è un capolavoro!!!!!!
    Ti abbraccio
    Emi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt Radka and so beautifully stitched by you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very nice to see all the lovely details - a beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, it sure looks cold! The quilt came out absolutely lovely. Hand quilted! I used to do that a long time ago. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. je to skvělý, nádherné obrázky!
    Ajka

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! Love the snowman too. The 'big chill' has just made the news here as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your BOM is wonderful Radka a great deal of work has gone into this, love the little characters in it and your stitching is great

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Radka! How clever you are, I just love your BOM, and the snoman is really good too, do keep watch they come alive at night!I can just see him dancing as he shows off his lovely hat!!We have snow here too..
    Keep warm!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous quilt, Radka, beautiful work and the cutest buttons ever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to look in to you again! This Fernhill is just lovely. And the snowpicture is nice. Good luck and looking forward to this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fernhill looks fantastic I love your fabrics and the stitching is lovely. Helen :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your works are always astonishing! And the colors too are fantastic, they perfectly match!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fernhill is wonderful - I love quilts that incorporate embroidery.
    What an accomplishment - another one!
    Who is this for?
    Shane x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017