I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 2 February 2013

eye, eye!

Firstly, BIG THANK YOU to all who left a comment on my last post, and to those who came to have a look. I usually try to answer to all individually, but if you don't mind, I will excuse myself  from that pleasure just this time.

Yesterday I had a small operation to remove a skin cancer from my face (hopefully not malignant - the jury is still out on that). Because of the very close proximity to the inner corner of my right eye, this procedure had to be done under a general anaesthetic (thankfully - I would not fancy watching someone rummaging this close to my eye with a scalpel). Of  course that eye is not up to its usual standard at the moment (looking like after a few rounds in a boxing ring), so no stitching for a few days. And limited time in front of the computer screen :-)
A period of "taking it easy", with light exercise has been prescribed, which has more to do with my age and the danger of blood clots following general anaesthetic. 

But of course, there is no excuse for you not to be busy with your needles!
I will come and check☺
                                           xxx


22 comments:

meri almeida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
avomeri said...

Hope you can be back to your stitching soon!!!
Take care :)

Deborah OHare said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery from the surgery. Loved seeing the lovely Spring Flowers they always make one smile. Hugs Judy

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

My best wishes to you for a quickly recovery and before you know it, you will be back stitching and sewing :-).

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Take care and don't rush back to things... our eyes are so important.
I quite often get blury vision after too much close work or computer.

I know you will have itchy fingers not being able to stitch...

At first glance I thought it was Lily of the Valley but when I enlarged the image I see it's Gypsophila - still lovely but not the fragrance!
hugs
Shane x

Hanna said...

Dear Radka,
Wishing you all the best, I had the same thing at my arm, it was removed 10 days ago, so I was not able to writa anything at the computer or to sew.
All the best
Hanna

Gudrun said...

I hope you will soon be back" again and all is ok.I cross my fingers!!
Hugs Gudrun

Helen Marasco said...

I look forward to a speedy and successful recovery and all your beautiful stitching very soon. Take care .Hugs Helen :-)

shirley said...

Do take care and get well soon Radka. I had a similar thing done a few years ago hope your eye heals well with no scarring.

lm said...

Ahoj Radko,přeji rychlé uzdravení.Určitě budeš během pár dnů v pořádku a budeš zase šít moc a moc hezkých věcí.Zdravím Libuše

margaret said...

thinking of you Radka and have added you to my prayer list for a speady recovery. The flowers are beautiful.

Anneliese said...

Dear Radka, I wish you good recovery from the operation.

Juliettecherry said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Radka, and a return to your usual stitching, you will miss it I feel sure.

Frances Leate said...

Hope the eye heals soon and that everything will quickly get back to normal. Take care.

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

I hope you recover soon and get back to stitching and blogging! And don't even think about replying to this comment - you need to rest your eyes.

Nähmeise said...

dear Radka,
best wishes for speedy recovery-
I'm sure you'll soon be back to your hobby!

Helena said...

Radko, moc tě zdravím a doufám, že se cítíš dobře a všechno bude OK!
Opatruj se, Helena

Patchworkjana said...

Mila Radko,
srdecny pozdrav s pranim rychleho uzdraveni ti posila
Jana z Hamburku

Jen said...

Hello Radka, Hope it doesn't take long for you to recover and back to your stitching and blogging soon. You always have such pretty flowers to share.

Joy V said...

Hope everything goes well with the results of your surgery. Speedy recovery and back to needle and thread.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Radka. Hope your healing rapidly now. Lovely photos of flowers. And your "Poinsetta Place" cross stitch is so adorable. May you get back to blogging and stitching soon!
best, nadia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017