I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Friday, 15 February 2013

Stourhead in February


I know that we are only half way through February and anything can still happen, but today, walking around 
Stourhead lake, it felt like spring.

snowdrops and primroses are coming up everywhere





winter and early spring flowering rhododendrons 




in the tree trunk - last year's nest, a treecreeper perhaps?



A new tunnel, made out of willow, for children to play in.
As the willow will grow, it will be a good place to hide.


a friendly robin came to say hallo




and at home in the garden, first signs of spring





Still undecided, which thread to use for "Scandinavian Rose", I have been playing with some of the reds I have at home.

In the end I chose Anchor stranded cotton no 13 and I made a start.


I have really enjoyed this tiny chain stitch.



I wish you all a very good weekend!


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2013

17 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Oh, wow such very beautiful gardens. Lovely in every way. I could hardly believe it when I saw those glorious Rhodies blooming. Mine does not bloom until the end of May. Thanks so much for sharing your Very Lovely Spring Garden Flowers. Hugs Judy

katherine said...

Great stitching and love the photos. Roll on autumn please.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

I can imagine your excitement Radka on seeing such beautiful snowdrops, pink primroses and the rhodos!!!
Spring just suddenly appears doesn't it, so it's all downhill from here to your Summer.

I love the redwork and reading the previous post I see you'll be making a lovely quilt with some red stitching on it too.

So glad your eye is sorted and you can happily stitch again!

Shane ♥

Hanna said...

Dear radka,
I enjoyed very much walking with you through this lovely area, happy stitching and have a nice weekend
Hanna

margaret said...

I enjoyed my walk around Stourhead with you, things are a lot further advanced than up here in Leeds, just a few snowdrops out, greenery of bulbs has appeared but nothing else so far.
Your Love has worked very well,I do like red work, have seen some wonderful quilts made of rework blocks, maybe one day!

Anneliese said...

I nearly can't believe it that you should already have blooming rhododrendons and other while we some 1000 km (?) further south have had a snowstorm yesterday. You made beautiful photos.

Gudrun said...

When I see these wonderful photos with flowers, I feel I am waiting for spring so much.What difference between your area and mine.
Your stitchery looks great. You love Scandinavia, I know:-)))
Have a nice weekend.
xxGudrun

Helen Marasco said...

Your photos are Gorgeous it all looks so lovely, everything here is so dry it's nice to see the freshness in your photos. And what a strart you have made on your Scandinavian blocks. I love the colour you chose for your thread. I look forward to watching your progress. :-)))))

Frances Leate said...

I always love your tours of Stourhead and these are such great photos. Take care.

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

I can't wait for spring to come, when I see your beuatifuk photos from the walk. We have snow laying around and the weather has been grey in grey.
Your Scandinaviam Rose- begin looks great.
Have a wonderful weekend :-).

Barbara said...

Lucky you, dear Radka, you already have some little traces of Spring in your garden (here everything is still covered with snow). I am longing now for Spring to come but I am sure it won't last very long till it's here. Soon we have March! Your photos of Stourhead and especially the one with the little robin are beautiful. Stourhead is somehow still familiar too me though it is some years that we visited this huge park. Enjoy stiching your Scandinavian blocks!
Barbara

Vera said...

Lovely photos! You take really good photos.

Jen said...

Thanks for the photos Radka . I love the lake that you walk around it is so pretty and the grass so green.It is a beautiful park. Cute little robin.
The Anchor colour will be perfect for Scandinavian Rose

Sue Wild said...

Stour head is a fab place. Thanks for sharing your photos of early spring flowers

Lisa D said...

I love your redwork... very very nice... the photos are lovely of Stour Head...

Robin Mac said...

I have just found your blog through a link from Dian, and I am so thrilled as I spent a very happy day visiting Stourhead when on a visit to England many years ago. What wonderful memories you have revived. Cheers

shirley said...

Your garden looks like spring too Radka, with all those beautiful Rhododendrum blooms.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017