I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 14 September 2013

Just an update for September so far, so you would not think I have gone again!
Still not much stitching to talk about, although I have been doing a little work on part 4 of Santa's Village.


So what else have I been doing? Besides trying to organise some order in the house, trying to fit too much furniture into a small house (and ending up giving some away), talking to window people (new windows and doors, and porch being installed next month), cavity and loft  insulation (same again here), organising DH's 
decorating jobs (most of upstairs will be done by next week). His worst jobs are outside, taking down brick raised beds, far too narrow to be any good, and trying to find someone to take them off his hands (next door neighbour obliged in the end). The idea is simply to make this a blank canvas and start again.


Have you noticed? No trees! There will have to be trees, even a small garden like this needs at least one or two, so a visit to garden centre was called for and they should be arriving soon.

We have also been out and about, getting to know the area. 
This is a view from Beacon Hill above Shepton Mallet on a misty morning. You can just see the Glastonbury Tor in the distance,


and nature's patchwork.


                                                        A quick visit to Stourhead




and a walk in the woods above.


 Isn't this beautiful? Nature's own lacemaking!





Picking blackberries, it has been a wonderful blackberry season.

















At last I got around to visiting Niki in here shop Nostalgia at No.1, here in Shepton Mallet (you can read her blog here ).
Her shop is packed with all sort of  vintage stuff. Of course I did not come home empty handed!


This morning we drove down to Bridport to buy some paint, one which we can't get around here.
It was very busy, they have a market every Saturday.






I found a stall selling Polish Boleslawiec pottery and I could not resist at add a couple of bowls to my collection.


DD brought me this lovely table runner from her holiday,


and my granddaughter made me a sweet pin cushion.


A new addition to my library.


In the latest issue of Inspiration magazine is a beautiful project, traditional embroidery from Portugal, 
 stitched by -  Meri Almeida, "our" Meri, of   http://avomeri.wordpress.com/.  


Her embroideries are so beautiful. I always though that she must had been stitching all her life.

No, she says that she has started stitching only after she retired!


Well, there is a hope for all of us yet!

Have a wonderful weekend!


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2013


12 comments:

Ella said...

Radko you are so busy and still manage to do cross-stitch . I had a look at the pottery site and they have some beautiful stuff it would by easy to spent some money in there. I like the look of the busy town and the country side you have around.

Helen said...

So nice to hear your voice lol. I love all the wonderful pictures and description of the places you go. Still lots of work but it sounds as if you are actually getting on top of it all. Why am I not surprised you can still manage to do some cross stitch :-)))

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Once you get your trees in and some climbers on the fence it will soften everything.
Starting from scratch is the best way – I now wish I had done that here instead of living with it for a few years.
Shepton Mallet looks lovely and that view from Beacon Hill of the beautiful English countryside is marvellous.
I remember driving through Somerset in 1999 but I can’t remember the name of the village we stayed in – I do remember they had a music festival (not Glastonbury)!
Stourhead looks amazing and I’ll look forward to you visiting there again and taking photos Radka!
Such an interesting post – thank you.
Shane x

margaret said...

looking forward to seeing the garden take shape and I so enjoyed another visit to Stourhead, such a lovely gardens, how I wish it was on my doorstep!
I have stopped getting Classic Inspirations and now you have retempted me!

Anneliese said...

Hello Radka, a beautiful post again. A good photo of your garden or going-to-be your garden. I can smell much work here. Your vintage findings are beautiful And what do you think: I got the same bowl - the left one - it is in Croatia, when we are there we use it. I enjoy it so much. Stourhead is a lovely place - I never was there. Thanks for the pictures. Your blog is a joy.

Mette said...

It has been a long time since I 'visited' your blog. I can see you are extremely busy with the move and still manage to find time to be creative! Well done, you! :-) I know a move can take a lot of time. We are looking to buy a new property in Durham, but it is proving much harder than we expected to find the right place...

avomeri said...

Dear Radka, thanks so much for your so nice and kind words!
I admire you so much - so busy and always stitching and finding new things!
The new home will be beautiful soon. I'm sure!The surroundings are so pretty. Go on busy and have a great Sunday.
Thanks again
xx your Meri

katherine said...

SOme beautiful photos! England is just gorgeous.

Juliettecherry said...

Good to see your new home is taking shape now as you want it to be. The garden will be a joy when you have created just what you want out there.

Nice too, to see you are still out and about enjoying the lovely countryside. Bridport looks a nice place to browse on a Saturday morning. Lovely buttons too . You are finding new and exciting places to visit.

Elizabeth Braun said...

What a lovely area you live in. =) Oh, and I love your current header photo with the butterfly and buddleia. Thanks for sharing all these pretty scenes.

shirley said...

Your photographs are wonderful and it is easy to see you have chosen a beautiful place to live. You will soon have your garden transformed I am sure.

Ombretta Panese Brettagna said...

Only beautiful... beautiful. Thank.
Ciao
Ombretta


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017