I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 6 October 2013

show time



End of September - it had to be "Stitch, Sew and Hobby Crafts" time at the West Point, Exeter in Devon.

As always, something for everyone, time to get new ideas and to do little (or more) shopping.








This year's costume exhibition was from the film version of Les Misérables.










I liked these hats from "Handbags and Gladrags", a collection of bags, hats and gloves from 1890 to 1960.









This was the stand of textile artist Wendy Dolan,
 who works with fabrics, paints, machine and hand stitching.



And so my first purchase of the day - a kit to make one her designs.



Devon lace makers, I always admire this wonderful craft, so delicate..










I always like to stop at the colourful stand of Sue Hawkins,


and needless to say, I did not walk away empty handed.



From lovely Sew Enchanting 


a quilt pattern.



It did not finish there ( you can see that I was like a child in a sweet shop); oh yes, I have missed "playing" last few weeks!


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              A chance to stock up..............

And to finish- jut a few more pictures from the show.
























©pleasureinstitching.blogpost.co.uk 2013

11 comments:

Dianne said...

Beautiful photos. The lace work is amazing and Wendy's work looks very interesting. I think you will enjoy playing with all your goodies. Our quilt and craft show in Brisbane is on week after this. Can't wait!!

margaret said...

can see you had a good day out, I used to love working the Exeter show. Like you very drawn to Sue Hawkins work, she does the most wonderful things. The embroidered box is outstanding and good to see the costumes.Lots of lovely exhibition work too.

Hanna said...

Dear Radka,
What a Show, thank you so much sharing the Pictures with us - have fun with your work
Hanna

Helen said...

All the work looks stunning,the lace is magnificent. Great show thank you for the photos. Enjoy your new purchases. They look lovely. !!

Diane-crewe said...

thanks for sharing this show with those of us who cannot attend Looks wonderful x hope you managed to liberate some fabric as well as your other finds xx

Vlaďka Cepáková said...

Milá Radko! Moc ti děkuji za tohle úžasné nakouknutí do nádherného světa ručních prací. Jsem trochu smutná z toho, jak u nás zmizely obchůdky s textilní galanterií jeden za druhým, protože o ruční práce přestal být zájem. Snad se to zase obrátí k lepšímu a já se někdy dočkám také takových nádherných akcí, jakou jsi nám dnes ukázala. Děkuju.

meri almeida said...

OMG!!! Such beautiful things!
So many beauties. Lucky girl :)
Have a great Sunday!

Frances Leate said...

Great photos and some wonderful inspiration. Hope you are settling into your new home. Take care.

Anne Healy said...

Very enjoyable to see your photos of the show. What a lovely time you will have with your new goodies.

I am off to the Knitting & Stitching show this week, so maybe some of those exhibitors might be there too.

Looking forward to it - I don't need a thing !! No really I don't - but then ...... I've never come away empty handed yet. Ha ha,

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Oh Radka
I just love coming along on your shopping trips when you visit these shows!
I would have bought the button angel kit too - I've always loved angels.
The exquisite bag with the scalloped top is inspiring - rather like The Queen's Sweet Bag.
All lovely and I think you'll be set up for a while!
Hugs
Shane

Anneliese said...

Wonderful show!!! I like the laces - terribly much. And good that you took some things with you to make up for the past time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017