I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 26 April 2014

Creative Crafts Show


The last weekend in April - it must be a craft show at the Bath and West Showground.
To be honest, I only go to this one, because it is literally 10 minutes from my house.
As the name says, it covers lots of crafts, but mainly paper crafts (card making) and beading, not much textiles here.
But I managed to get the last place on Margaret Beal's short taster workshop
"Fusing Fabric".


Margaret is a lovely lady, and despite having only an hour, she managed to inspire an interest.

No needle and thread or scissors here, all done with a soldering iron.





I was having fun, and yes, I did burn my finger :-)














Two of Margaret's examples,



















and some from her book.






















You can also see her youtube video here.

Needles to say, that I did come home with some new goodies.




The little scissors are for my granddaughter, aren't they sweet?

Have a good weekend!


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2014

9 comments:

Jules Woolford said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and how lovely to live so close to the showground!

Gudrun said...

Interesting!
Now you have to practise at home:-))
Good luck.
Gudrun

sigisart said...

Thank you for visitung my blog and leaving a comment.
Many hugs from germany
sigisart

Helen said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time, love the scissors !!

margaret said...

love watching Margaret Beal in action, reliving the times when I used to work at the show, loved those good old days, 8 years now since I was there.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Radka. Thanks for showing the fusing fabric workshop. Very interesting--ok, I'll resist, I've got enough today and I'd probably set the house on fire! But, very interesting results. The scissors are adorable!
best, nadia

Juliettecherry said...

This looks like another interesting venture for you. Love the purchases, lovely colours. Look forward to seeing what you create.

Your garden is now coming along nicely too, Spring flowers, always so welcome.

Nähmeise said...

Dear Radka,
beautiful gifts for your granddaughter!
In your garden I can see so much beautiful spring plants, spring is the most beautiful season. And the busiest....

katherine said...

The fusibles look great and I am sure your grand daughter will love those scissors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017