my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 15 June 2014

just little stitching



Our summer arrived fully last week, with some hot days, but still not warm enough nights. We still don't seem to have those warm evenings, when we can just linger in the garden late into the night, with a glass of wine. But who is complaining? Lets be grateful for this, and it is said to last for at least another few days yet.
But it is definitively "stitching in the garden" weather, only nothing too heavy, as hands get hot.
Time to get out my "play cloth", it is the first time it has seen the light of day since our move last year.



I started this quilt after seeing Tiggy's indigo quilt at her workshop, some 3 years ago (3 years? is it possible?) The fabrics also came from Tiggy, as have the threads I am using today.
This is ideal hot weather stitching, simple, with no rules. Just playing.




Some machine sewing inside in the evening. I have finished all 4 Season Chicken blocks, so it is time to work on the borders. I like flying geese, I think there is always something cheerful about them.

























Lazy days in the garden also call for a good book. This is the one I have just finished, "The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul", by Deborah Rodriguez - story of five women, from very different backgrounds, brought together by a fate in a small cafe. Very good book, DH who got to the book before me, agrees.

When I read a book like this, I realise how lucky I was to be brought up to be independent and equal, to be educated, not having to fight for my education, in fact something I always very much took for granted; it was my right.
I am now tempted to get her first book.













Slowly the plants in our new garden start to bloom, and the rose bed in the front, planted during the worst winter wet, is doing fine.










Thank you for your company; I hope you will have a good week!


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2014


11 comments:

Connie said...

I just found your blog and I am intrigued my your stitching. You have an amazing talent. I am your newest follower.
Also, I so enjoy your garden photos. I live in an area that is desert turned farmland, because of irrigation. Rain is a rare and blessed occasion around here :)
I am delighted to have stumbled across your charming blog.
Have a lovely day.
Connie :)

shirley said...

Firstly I like the new header Radka...the colour of the water is amazing.

Your garden looks as though it is thriving and those lovely hydrangeas are one of my favourite flowers.

Your play cloth is coming along beautifully and all those wonderful designs will make it unique.

margaret said...

love the idea of a play cloth I think we all need to play more. The garden is looking good, trust your roses have a lovely perfume, so many don`t these days.

Have made a note of the book and will look out for it in the library next time I go

Deborah OHare said...

I am loving your indigo quilt. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Gudrun said...

Great to see all beautiful things you are working on.Love the blue quilt and all flowers in your garden.
Have a nice week.
Hugs Gudrun

Gudrun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fabriquefantastique said...

Same sort of weather here in Ontario, quite cold at night and early morning.
Beautiful photos....as always

Tiggy Rawling said...

The header is lovely. I can feel lazy summer days in your blog, just as they should be. What do you call the plant with red and yellow flowers? I did have one and thought it was called Indian Mallow. It's disappeared! I must say your indigo quilt is looking fantastic!

katherine said...

Your roses are looking great in bloom. Love flying geese for your chicken project and enjoyed seeing the indigo progress too. I often wonder where the years go so quickly now. Must be because we are all getting older as it is almost tax time again and it feels like Xmas 13 was only a couple of months ago not 6!

Elisabetta said...

Wonderful works and beautiful flowers!

Joy V said...

Love that piece you are working on. Looks interesting. They say slow stitching is good for all of us.
I also love your new header - you are always changing your blog - love all the pics you post Radka.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017