my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Friday, 26 September 2014

September show




Last weekend in September - it must "The Stitching, Sewing & Hobbycrafts Show" at Westpoint in Exeter, as it is every September. Driving early morning through the Blackdown Hills on the Somerset - Devon border, it is another beautiful clear day with wonderful views of the hills. 
Little disappointing though, normally there would be more autumn colour around by now, which makes this view so beautiful, but the trees are still very green. No, I am not complaining, lets hope this weather last as long as possible.

As the title of the show suggests, it is all sorts - sewing, beading, papercraft, knitting, some patchwork and embroidery....













I always start with the exhibitions, before it it gets too busy. There is usually a show of costumes, from films or TV shows.
This year there were costumes from "Mr Selfridges".

 















"Glimpses of India" is this year's STITCH/Madeira Embroidery competition and on the show are winning entries and the best of the rest.
All very beautiful.



one by our fellow blogger Tiggy
































Some other exhibits by the Quilter's Guild of the British Isles.








 Many other exhibitors and traders.











What have I come home with?

I know one little girl who will be thrilled to these buttons in her sewing box,



and I am very pleased with this little selection, just what I need to finish one of my projects.



And then there was the lovely  Belinda Harris-Reid, with her beautiful, oh so soft selection, mixtures of alpaca, wool and also silk and cashmere.  







I just could not resist, could I?
Also the lovely wooden shawl pin to compliment.


I just would like to remind you, that if you click on any of the pictures, you can see them in much larger scale on your screen and all the details of the picture will be more clear.

Have a wonderful weekend, whatever you will be doing!



©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2014

9 comments:

Vera Holmgren said...

Thanks for sharing all these lovely pictures!

Helen said...

Beautiful !! Thanks for sharing Radka :)

shirley said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience Radka. What an amazing display of work and goodies.

Die Nähmeise said...

Dear Radka,
oh, i love the dress and especially the amazing hats of earlier times. The handicrafts from India are fantastic. Thanks for the pictures. Have sunny weekend

Katherine said...

Oh my. What a lovely show and I would love to see those costumes up close as I enjoyed seeing the show on tv out here. Those Indian inspired works would have provided you with some wonderful inspiration and love your purchases too. Its a shame that to attend anything like it here I would have to go city bound 3 hrs away. Oh well enjoy seeing it though others eyes I think as not a fan of the big smoke!

Juliettecherry said...

Oh! wow...such beautiful colour in the Indian projects. Just love them.

As always I feel very drawn to the lovely knitting yarn and look forward to seeing what you make with it.

It looks to be a lovely show, so tempting on the purse strings!!!

Tiggy Rawling said...

I enjoyed the show through your eyes. The costumes
imply beautiful. I nice pop of colour in the Indian section, And shopping too! A great day out methinks.

margaret said...

I love that they have the cosutumes at the shows these days for all to see and good to see they had the India pieces too, so many lovely ones there .

Sujata Shah said...

Thank you for this beautiful show! I loved seeing the quilts inspired by India! Just found your blog from Tiggy's blog. So glad I did!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017