my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 21 September 2014

St Germain quilt


This is the start of my new large project for this winter. The wonderful late summer is still with us, but the days are getting shorter and it is not going to be very long before staying indoors will be the better option.
The design comes from issue 100 of Quiltmania magazine. Laurie Simpson designed this quilt after strolling through Saint Germain in Paris during a sunny spring day.

I am enjoying a needleturn applique very much at the moment. I hope I still will be able to say the same by the end of making this quilt, as there is lots of applique on it!






























Central block all finished.



I warmly welcome all new followers to my blog,
and I wish you all a very good week ahead!



©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2014


8 comments:

Christine Feldstein said...

This block is SO SO pretty! I love the colors... perfect! I am eager to see the next one!

shirley said...

I agree with Christine, this is going to be a really pretty quilt. I love needleturned applique. Your colours are always wonderful Radka.

shirley said...

I forgot to say I love your new header picture. That scene would make a great painting.

margaret said...

this is going to be a spectacular quilt a very nice project for the winter months

Gudrun said...

This is so wonderful what you are sewing on.Great colours too.

Gaia said...

So pretty !!

Jane in Wales said...

What a lovely block with such cheerful colours!

Vera Holmgren said...

Very lovely, I have never tried this kind of appliqué.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017