I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 6 December 2014

Friday Night with Friends and new wall hanging


As I said in my last post, I joined Cheryll (thank you, Cheryll, for hosting this evening) and others for Friday night stitching. It is quite interesting, sitting there and stitching, knowing that a group of ladies are doing the same thing at the same time (in their time zones, of course). 
Was anyone indulging in mince pies? I was :-)
Or maybe something stronger?
Well, it was cold and frosty outside.






What was I making? Again, a last minute idea. Our dining room is nearly finished and I have decided that one of the walls is just crying out for a new wall hanging. I had this pattern at home for a long time, so now is the right time for it.  
The pattern for Winter House Quilt comes from Cowslip and it makes a quilt, or the central block can be used for a wall hanging. It can be adapted for any time of year, of course.



                                 







  Before last night I got as far as this,



                                and last night I added 2 doves at the top.






I have been trying different shades of gold for the stars, but I am still not sure which shade works best. 
Unfortunately the difference can't be seen very clear here.



The border comes next.

I wish you all a very good weekend!




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2014

12 comments:

  1. Seemed to be an interesting night, your wall hanging will become very nice -
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you joined the FnwFs. I was sitting and thinking the same thing. Love your house with the trees and doves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wall hanging is looking lovely Radka :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is looking so good, a very welcoming house you have created

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mycket vackert!!Very beautiful!
    Hälsningar från Sverige/Gudrun

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely Wall hanging you are working on.
    I prefer the colour of the Star on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see your Friday stitching - a cute little house and I love the star-tree. And how do I make a mince pie?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching as always..I love the house; specially its chimney, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your house block Radka - especially the way the trees soften the design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice Quilt Project, Radka !
    The small Cottages are so cute . Have lots of fun with your new Wallhanging .

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lovely wallhanging, I look forward to seeing the border!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Radka. I think I might have to get back into the habit of joining FNSI and FNWF. Might actually make me get something done lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017