I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 1 February 2015

St Germain quilt - the next step

It has been a cold Sunday, although the sun did come out just briefly. It also tried to snow, but it not come to anything.

I am now starting to applique the outer borders. They are rich in leaves and flowers.
The instructions say - cut three hundred and fifty six leaves and one hundred and ten circles!
These numbers are just too daunting, I think I'll will cut them as I'll go, it will be easier that way.

The two longer sides are over 1.8 m long and shorter just over 1 m.
The bias strips for stems are 1/4 in wide.

This is going to be a long journey.............












































Thank you for visiting my blog and please leave a comment if you have the time, I enjoy reading them.
Also, a very warm welcome to my new followers.  


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2015

4 comments:

Hanna said...

Dear Radka,
It turns out very nice, so enjoy stitching though there is pretty much to sew -
greetings Hanna

Klaudia said...

Dear Radka,

your new project looks very promising ... there are many small particles that need to be processed....i love it.

Greetings from Germany,
Klaudia

Katherine said...

Oh but going to be so worth the long journey. I think you are going about it in the right way by cutting and preparing them as you go. Much less daunting.

Dianne said...

That amount of leaves is very daunting. I did a queen size app,iqued leaft quilt many years ago and I think there was about 700 leaves. I will post it on my blog one day - if I ever get back to blogging!!!! Anyway, you will enjoy stitching this, Radka. It is already looking stunning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017