my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 21 March 2015

sun, glorious sun




Yesterday's solar eclipse was only partial and brief in our part of the world, but still very exciting experience. 
After the sun stopped hiding behind the moon, it gave us a wonderful warm spring day. 
We even managed to have our lunch outside on the garden bench.
 Bliss!









Issue 12 of  the Vignette magazine arrived yesterday, at last! 
It has been long time in coming, which made me wonder if we'll ever see it. 
But it is here, with instructions for block 3 of "Mrs Beasley's Sample Quilt".
 So out came my project box, with the first 2 blocks. 
For some reason this quilt always makes me think of summer, may be because last time I saw it was last summer, when I stitched the first 2 blocks.






































But as you can see from the pictures, the embroidery is still yet to be done.
I look forward to stitching it outside in the garden, so it might still have to wait little longer.






























©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2015

6 comments:

Helen said...

Mrs Beasley is looking lovely in the Tilda fabrics.

Christine Feldstein said...

How lovely and romantic... everything I love!

Gudrun said...

Locks lovely and beautiful fabrics!

Anneliese said...

Interesting work, Radka, never mind that it takes long. Good things take lontime. I was with my patchwork friends during the solar eclipse - we watched it at TV - not very ingenious - but better than not at all.

Lin said...

You have some lovely fabrics in your blocks Radka. I was in Bishops Stortford visiting my parents and all we saw of the eclipse was - cloud! xx

Lin said...

You have some lovely fabrics in your blocks Radka. I was in Bishops Stortford visiting my parents and all we saw of the eclipse was - cloud! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017