I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 14 March 2015




This last leg of winter always catches me out. 

After a very brief spring like interlude, the cold and grey days are back. Only now the thought of huddling with stitching in the warm doesn't hold the same attraction as it did some 4 months ago. I want to be out there, with my garden, and enjoying my stitching in the sunshine. 
Perhaps this is the reason I haven't touched any sewing this week.
Instead I turned to TV; we finished watching the four disc set of Danish "The Legacy" and yesterday afternoon, when it was grey and wet outside, I turned to another Danish film, a "feel good" - Love is All You Need (I believe the original Danish title was The Bald Hairdresser).









A new addition to our garden, a lilac called  Belle de Nancy, which arrived yesterday, is waiting to be planted.

I must admit that I am a convert to buying plants online, specially unusual ones which I can't find in our local garden centres; most of the plants and trees in our new garden have come from online suppliers. 
I am very impressed with the quality of the plants and the packaging. Majority have arrived in a very condition. Any minor problems have been sorted out very quickly. 
The autumn before last I ordered lots of lavender plants to plant a new lavender hedge. The plants supplied were very good, but not until they started to flower early last summer, I realised that they were the wrong kind. I emailed the supplier, including a photo. They apologised for their mistake and immediately replaced the whole lot, asking me to use the "wrong" lavender elsewhere in the garden or give them to my friends.
You can't ask for more than that.
















For now, I am just enjoying a colourful display in our porch.



To all UK mums I wish a very Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow!



©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2015

7 comments:

Lin said...

Isn't it lovely to watch all the flowers begin to open? The blooms in your porch are gorgeous. After some warm sunny days temperatures have dropped a bit and we are getting showers - last weekend I was sitting out in the sunshine stitching. xx

Sue said...

Always nice to look forward to spring and agree about ordering online but with a similar experience. I ordered some white day lilies but when they flowered they were yellow. They were quickly replaced and now my neigbours have the yellow ones.
The lilac will be lovely when it flowers.

Anneliese said...

Radka, I came to visit your little garden - yes we want to be out now - no stitching during the day - maybe in the evening. But -----it is still so cold. I at least have to wait because of the cough and cold I caught some weeks ago
....and not quite cured yet.

Jen said...

Hello Radka, Hopefully you soon will get some sunny days and be able to enjoy the outdoors. The lilac looks good and advanced .I can see the buds showing and looks healthy. We want it to cool down and you want it to warm up.!!

Tiggy Rawling said...

Hi Radka Thank you for the heartening pictures
of pretty colourful flowers. Yes, winter seems to be hanging on and it is so cold and, today, wet. Tomorrow looks promising!

Katherine said...

That is excellent service! I have only done seed and bulb orders like that here. Love lilacs so will be interested to see this one when it flowers. Roll on winter for us lol and I am going to thoroughly enjoy it!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

The Legacy sounds interesting - did you enjoy it Radka?
In the past I've bought roses from a grower down country and been very happy. Your lavender grower is obviously a reputable person - good to hear. Which lavender did you choose for your hedge?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017