my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Monday, 17 August 2015

Mid - Somerset Show 2015


Mid Somerset Agricultural Society

also known as Shepton Show, is a one-day agricultural show, which was founded more than 160 years ago.
The entry is free and besides the usual farm livestock, large and small, horses and dogs, various competitions - cheese, crafts, cider..., there was lots of other interesting things to see, something for everyone.










old, old and not so old 

























this lovely lady let me play with her loom



the last 3 rows are mine :-)



















This is just a very small sample, there was lots, lots more.


© pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2015


5 comments:

margaret said...

so many things to see and free admission that makes a change from stitching shows, Love the animals made from what looks like big twigs and it must have been fun to have a go at weaving, is a loom on your shopping list now?Good to see the rain did not come and spoil the day too

Lin said...

Lovely to see traction engines - my Grandad drove one before the war and when we were children took it to shows so we always got a ride. I remember my Mum won the ladies race one year. Lots to see at Shepton, even the Wurzles! xx

Käthe said...

Was für eine schöne Ausstellung. Den kleinen Wwebstuhl hätte ich auch gerne mal ausprobiert.
Liebe Grüße
Käthe

Bev C said...

Hello Radka,

What a variety of things to see, I do like the animals made out of Willow I presume. Aren't the old cars beautiful when they are done up. Thanks for sharing.

Happy days.
Bev.

shirley said...

looks like a wonderful day with so many interesting things to see

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017