I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 18 October 2015

Pansy Floral Tile



This was a pleasant diversion and a break from quilts, and it became a rather an addiction for a while; 
I just had to finish this first, before anything else.
Well, it is done now, my Pansy Floral Tile, from a kit by Sue Hawkins , it just needs a little pressing and pulling into shape.

I haven't yet decided what to do with it, a cover for my fabric journal (a long time in making) perhaps? 
The size of the tile, about 6 x 6 in (15 x 15 cm) would be just right. 
Or should I frame it and hang it on a wall like a picture?











I enjoyed the challenge of using various stitches; I found I am somewhat rusty, not doing much embroidery lately.














Back to quilts:  arriving in the post, latest issues of my favourite magazines - "Quiltmania" and issue no 2 of  the new "Simply Moderne", also by Quiltmania, both are English versions of French magazines. 
It is time to make a pot of coffee and loose myself in them :-)


Thank you for popping in to see me and a very warm welcome to my new followers!

The time seemed to have slipped by (where to?) and I need to catch up with my blog reading;
so I hope to pop in soon to see what you have been up to.

I wish you a busy stitching week ahead!


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2015

10 comments:

Anneliese said...

It is so good to see your stitching on your excellent photos, Radka. With 15 cm it is larger than I thought in the beginning. It is quite a lot to fill in. the colours are beautiful. You will like the Simply Moderne magazine I am sure. I am diving into it again and again, in French!

shirley said...

Radka your stitching is lovely. I love the colours too. It is always good to take a change of direction. Congratulations on another beautiful item to add to your slide show of amazing your amazing work

Saija said...

You have done nice work. Colors are so beautiful :)

margaret said...

beautifully made, I am thinking frame it, if a book cover would be concerned about it getting a bit grubby unless you keep it in a bag of some sort, such beautiful work it would be a shame for it to get spoilt. I have a peek at the magazine sometimes in Smith`s but think it is rather pricey and unless I would definitely make something from it resist temptation!!

Gudrun said...

Love the coulors in your stitchery, like autumn.
Enjoy the new magazines with a cup of coffee.

Helen said...

Oh Radka it's beautiful, your work is stunning !!!

Lin said...

It is beautiful and such gorgeous colours. Her stand at Ally Pally was a delight and so much to choose from. I just wanted a small project to work on while I was away and chose a little scissor keeper. I finished it to the point of stuffing while away and now it is sitting looking at me on my desk while I get on with more urgent stuff! Love your header picture. xx

Die Nähmeise said...

What a wonderful embroidery, in uniquely beautiful autumn colors !!You
are right, the time slipped away so quickly. Lots of gardening i have to do, but the weather was so badly last days. I hope its getting better at weekend. Have fun with your new magzines !

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your embroidery is so beautiful!! I love that it has lots of different sititches. I like both of your ideas to use it, as a journal cover and framed for the wall, I wonder what you'll decide to do? Maybe you'll have to make another one. Happy magazine reading!

DIAN said...

What gorgeous colours. I think I would stretch it and frame it. Hang it where you can see it often.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017