I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 8 November 2015

FNwF - wool embroidery




The first Friday in November (really?) and another enjoyable time stitching with friends around the world.
Thank you Cherryl for hosting it yet again, you are a star!






So what was I doing doing?

I resurrected a wool embroidery for a cushion, which I started a year ago and which was lingering in the corner of my room. It is interesting how, when the weather gets cooler, we gravitate towards something warmer to stitch. That said, it has actually been quite warm for the the time of year, be it wet and windy, quite horrid the last couple of days. Sitting indoors with some stitching has been absolutely the best place to be.








The design comes from this book by
I love this book, I wish I had the time to make more of the projects in it.  














I made a mistake right at the start (this is my first wool embroidery) by marking the whole design on the wool felt I am working with. 
Live and learn - it just doesn't stay there, most of it rubs away while stitching. The thing to do, obviously, is to mark only the outline; the details later, as and when working it.

I finished the central motif,



and I started working on a flower further down the design.





If you want to know what the others got up to on Friday,
just visit Cherryl's blog by clicking on her name at the top of this post.


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2015

9 comments:

  1. Radka, pustila si sa do nádhernej výšivky! Ja som vlnou tiež ešte nevyšívala a plnený steh (neviem, či sa to tak volá) som robila len málo a to pred 35. rokmi. Držím ti prsty, nech už nepáraš, i keď aj to patrí k tomu!
    Prajem ti krásny týždeň a teším sa na tvoj príspevok o týždeň!
    Páá

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is beautiful Radka !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is coming along beautifully Appletons wool is so nice to work with not that I have done any crewel work for a long time. Weather bad here too but knew it would be as the scaffolders are due today for my new roof, expecting a call to say they are not coming as high winds are forecast along with rain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Radka,
    That looks very beautiful, have fun, stitching it -
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What need embroidery stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here you are with a wonderful project, dear Radka. It will be lovely to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh i love this kind of stitching dear Radka, what a lovely Projekt.
    Wish you a happy week !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely embroidery! Such nice fine stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Radka - I love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017