I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 12 December 2015

Bath Christmas market














We all know that Christmas markets look best on a crispy dry day, preferably with some snow sprinkled about.
Well, not in Bath, not this week. Yesterday was wet and blustery. Shame, because the setting, against Bath architecture, is rather special.










But the weather did not stop these children, from a local school, singing Christmas carols; and when the rain came down really hard, they just moved further under the cover and continued singing their hearts out.


So, just a few pictures from a very wet Christmas market.





The Nutcracker was my favourite, and not just mine; always busy, I could not get a clear picture.










One purchase I am very pleased with - an addition to our garden, 
a couple of metal dragonflies from Chi - Africa stall.
They will look good among the plants next summer.



©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2015

8 comments:

Carin@Ullhärvan said...

Hi Radka,
I wish I had been there, Christmas markets are always fun but I agree it's better when it's cold and a bit snow. We don't have any Christmas feeling here either.

Pettas said...

I like the metal dragonflies very much!
I think I could have some of them in our garden.

Have a good sunday!

shirley said...

Lovely atmosphere at the xmas markets. Are the stalls fixtures.

margaret said...

such a shame to have been so wet, looks like a good market. We too have rain and more rain yesterday and have a threat of the river in the city centre flooding in places. Hopefully if we were getting it Cumbria was escaping it

Juliettecherry said...

Despite the rain, an interesting visit to the very lovely city of Bath. I too would have been tempted by the Nutcracker, some very nice ornaments there.

The dragon flies will be something to enjoy especially next summer.

Deborah OHare said...

We were there yesterday. I tried to get some good photos but it was so busy I didn't do very well. It is nice to see yours instead.

Sew Quilt Designs said...

Love Bath and it's been donkeys year since I went. Always lovely to see photos of England.

Rachaeldaisy said...

That looks like a lovely market, it's so good to see people turned up even though it was raining. I love your dragon fly garden ornaments, I've had a real dragon fly buzzing around my garden a lot this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017