my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Monday, 11 January 2016

Blogger change

I copied this message from Suziqu's Threadworks blog
Has anyone else seen it?

Blogger has made some big changes to
 how we follow blogs
so read on to see
if these new rules will affect you!

We announced the retirement of Google Friend Connect for all non-Blogger sites. We made an exception for Blogger to give readers an easy way to follow blogs using a variety of accounts. Yet over time, we’ve seen that most people sign into Friend Connect with a Google Account. So, in an effort to streamline, in the next few weeks we’ll be making some changes that will eventually require readers to have a Google Account to sign into Friend Connect and follow blogs.

As part of the plan starting the week of Jan.11th, 2016 we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other OpenId providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.

We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post), that if they use a non-Google account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow.

We know how important followers are to all bloggers, but we believe this change will improve the experience for both you and your readers.

7 comments:

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

I for wish Google wouldn't change things - too confusing for me.
I've added my Bloglovin button to my blog - but I'm not really au fait with that one either.
I see I lost two followers during the night, I imagine it's a worry for those bloggers that have an etsy shop or sell things from their blog.
I just enjoy the interaction with the friends I've made and hearing about what they're up to including you Radka!
I changed some things on my blog last year a lot of the blogs I followed disappeared, I've been able to re-instate you since your last comment you left me!
BYW Happy New Year to you and your family!
Shane x

Julimond said...

Oh, this could be for me a reason to leave blogger
Thanks for sharing.

this is so sad
Iris, without Google profile

margaret said...

not sure I understand all this but if the comments go down I will know why, it says I have over 100 followers but most of them have never left a comment

Tiggy Rawling said...

Interesting. I am already a tad fed up with blogger and their changing of goal posts. I am having issues with Apple as well! End of rant!!!!!!

Lin said...

This is the first time I have seen this Radka - will be keeping an eye on my followers. Thanks. xx

Meanqueen said...

Hello. One of my readers sent me over to you because you had this notice from Blogger regarding the shrinking followers list. I have lost 50 followers in the last day or two. Hope you don't mind but I have copied the notice to my blog, and linked back to you.

Your work is lovely.
Best wishes, Ilona. Life After Money.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017