my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Friday, 22 April 2016

Craft4Crafters Show





- this weekend at Bath and West Showground - a regular April show.
This is not a large show, but big enough to attract many people over the 4 days.
I have been coming here for many years; some were better than others. There were many complaints in the past that the show was top heavy with card making stalls, but I think this year the mix is quite right, there is something to interest most visitors.












First time at Bath & West -  Stef Francis - if for nothing else, I would come here for this.
Many of you know what I am talking about, but for the rest - this is just the most wonderful selection of hand dyed threads & fabrics (from cotton, silk, rayon, organza, felts ....), Angelina fibres, silk carrier rods, silk cocoons, various embellishments & kits.
Just a sneaky view of the stand, as most of the exhibitors don't like pictures taken of their original designs, which is of course understandable.
But do have a look at their website.




 Needless to say, this is where I left most of my cash.



I am always on a lookout for something new (new to me, that is), and this little "toy" got my attention, especially after seeing the various beautiful ropes/necklaces it can produce (yes, it is just an improvement on the old "french knitting" tool, only easier to use).
You can have a look here to see what I am talking about.



I promised myself - no fabric - until I saw this sweet piece - OK, just a fat qtr.



Back at home, backing and wadding arrived for the Cool Flying Geese quilt.
The wadding is more expensive than I would pay normally, but I think this quilt deserves a special treatment. It does feel gorgeous, I look forward to stitching it. 



And the good news? I get to go to the show again this weekend, I am taking my little friend, my granddaughter!


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk  2016

6 comments:

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Uf, tak to ti Radka závidím (v dobrom)! Chcela by som niečo také vidieť!!! A ešte so svojou malou priateľkou - vnučkou, to bude zážitok! Tak ti prajem, aby ste si to obidve užili!!!
Pááá

Yvonne W said...

Ooooh! I love that purple fabric-- I think it must be a Kaffe Fasset one.

margaret said...

lovely to have Stef Francis there also love Oliver Twist and there threads etc. Are the bluebells out down your way already the new photo is a real beauty

Lin said...

How lovely to have a show like that on your doorstep! I too love Stef Francis threads - thank goodness they do a good mail order service but I do tend to go OTT when I see their stand. The fat quarter you bought is gorgeous too. Enjoy your day with your grandaughter. xx

Anneliese said...

Yes, Stef Francis - her threads are wonderful. I don't know her other stuff. And it is wonderful for you to go there again with your granddaughter - She will love it and be introduced to this world of wonders for us stitchers.

Juliettecherry said...

Hi Radka, I always enjoy seeing what you buy from shows. Stef Francis would probably enchant me too. Exciting things to play with. Love the bluebells, always so welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017