I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Thursday, 9 June 2016

stitching in the garden












It must be summer, my "summer playcloth" has come out of the storage. If you have been following my blog for a while, you will know this project - it comes out only in the summer, when it is warm enough to enjoy stitching in the garden.
The plan is to fill in each block with a different embroidery or applique, or something like that.
I have also included embroideries from women of Afghanistan (Afghanistan Initiative ), and from South Africa ( Tambani Project ). There is no particular plan or pattern here, I make it up as I go along, that's the fun of it.




 At the moment I am playing with Shishas.
I am not sure where it will go from here, yet.


We have been having some good summer weather for about a week now and the best place is our little garden.



Last week I finished another block for Chateau Hexagon,


and with my granddaughter's "help" we made her a new summer skirt. 



The garden has really come alive now,









A box arrived this week from Wildegoose Nursery , with several new viola plants.
Chelsea Flower Show 2015 - one of the exhibitors I saw on TV were a lovely young couple, who won Silver Gilt Medal that year, for their lovely violas. 
I went straight online, but so did many other people; I managed to get this pretty blue one, which gave us a wonderful show all summer.


This year I got my order in early, and today I planted all my new violas into pots.
I will show you the progress as they grow.


This beautiful viola is one our last year's finds and already in flower this year.




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2016

11 comments:

  1. Your flowers are unbelievable! You are right, they are the best show around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your project, think maybe this is how I will do an embroidery stitch sampler, have been pondering for months how to tackle one and you have inspired me, thanks. Skirt looks fun and you garden a delight. It is amazing how much further on your plants are, only tight buds on my rose buses and very few flowers in flower. It must be lovely to sit and stitch in you garden of delights

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful everything are! Works and flowers. I love it!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks like paradise! Beautiful quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 'playcloth' is really wonderful, I love it, and that is such a beautiful photo of it. Also enjoying the glimpses of your garden which looks lovely. I have the same (I think) Iris Sibirica, but my problem is the snails which crawl up and chew through the stems just below the buds! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Radka, máš krásnu záhradu, kvety ti hrajú všetkými farbami! To sa to potom medzi nimi šije a vyšíva :-)
    prajem ti krásny slnečný víkend plný vône tvojich kvetov!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your roses look lovely Radka. I am affected with black spot on mine, struggle each year, but affected earlier this year.

    Your garden looks lovely love that pretty viola.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see your summer project out again - I do love the colours. We had a few days of nice weather and then it changed again yesterday and we had more rain. Of course yesterday evening we had a crowd of friends coming for a BBQ so we had to squeeze them all in inside. Your flowers are looking wonderful. Violas are so pretty - I look forward to seeing the progress of your new ones. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a blooming garden, in a relatively new garden. You have green fingers! And you are so talented. The summer cloth is a good idea - to take it out now and then and make stitches from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems you have much nicer weather than we have. Yesterday it was sunny and the sky was blue, but today the rain is back and it's too cold for this time of the year. I love all the projects you are working on and your garden looks wonderful. Enjoy while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks very pretty, garden and patchwork!
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017