I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 23 July 2016

cool flying geese and bubbles




Summers is with us at last! We even had a mini heatwave at the start of this week, 30C +, too much, but now the temperature has settled to more comfortable mid twenties, with lots of sunshine.

Despite the warm weather I managed to finish hand quilting my "Cool Flying Geese" quilt.
The design is from the first ever issue of the "Simply Moderne" magazine by Quiltmania; the minute I saw it I knew I had to make it.
I tried to use as many fabrics as in the original design as I could, mainly Kaffe Fassett's, because it was the colour combination which I like about this quilt.
This is the second large quilt I have finished this year.






Memories of childhood - in the summer my mum used to make Bublanina ( which could be translated as Bubble Cake), traditionally made with cherries and when cooked, the cake looks like it has bubbles in it. 
I do make it with apricots sometimes and it also tastes great.
Cherries are in our shops right now, so used them today.
























Life got more hectic recently and I haven't been spending much time with my computer, but I promise to make my rounds of your lovely blogs soon.
Enjoy your Sunday!




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2016

16 comments:

Mirka said...

Ty husy jsou nádherné a bublanina zavoněla až k nám :-)))
Přeju krásné léto

margaret said...

the quilt is beautiful, cake looks tasty too. Not one cherry left for me on my tree the birds I presume ate them all way before they were ripe.I too struggled with the heat seems as I have got older I cannot enjoy it the same as I used to

Hanna said...

Dear Radka,
Great that you finisher your Quilt. It is always satisfying to finish such a large quilt. Your bubble cake Looks delicious,I use to mak a cake like this also when I have cherries. Our countries are related in cooking -
have a nice sunday
Hanna

Lin said...

Your quilt is just stunning! I was trying to think of what it reminded me of - sunshine, sunny garden and then I remembered some sketchbook pages of Julia Caparara from Greece and bingo. It's lovely hot shimmering heat with blue water and sky. Your bubble cake looks delicious! xx

JaneGardner said...

Your quilt is amazingly beautiful! Here is the simple pattern that really brings out the fabrics and color composition is wonderful. Cherry cake I have to try . Looks good . Never seen one before. Feel good / Vivianne

Helena Davidová said...

Radu, ta deka je prostě překrásná! Moc se povedla! A bublanina... co dodat, mám taky jednu v troubě :o)
Moc zdravím a přeji krásné léto!
Helena

Juliettecherry said...

What a joyful and exuberant quilt it is now complete. You must be justifiably proud of it. Delightful!

The cake looks yummy, you show us such delicious recipes Radka, we could almost eat it off the screen. mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Anne

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Radka, deka je krásna, a tie farby spolu hrajú!
Bublanina je ozaj koláčik našich mám, ako deti sme v období čerešní mali všetky deti v ruke jej kus, namiesto olovrantu, zobrali sme v kuchyni a vybehli von :-)
Kvietky máš tiež pekné!

Cattinka said...

The colours in the quilt are perfect, pure joy and summer.
KATRIN W.

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

What a lovely, bright quilt! Two quilts this year, I'm impressed. I hope to finish one soon that I started 10 years ago :). The cake looks yummy, but none for me, I'm on a diet!

Diane-crewe said...

being surrounded by beautiful colours and smells .. it doesn't get much better x

Catherine said...

Your beautiful quilt and flowers go really well together! Your cake looks wonderful too:-)

Helen said...

Wow love your quilt and the colours in it. The baking looks so delicious :)

Dalmazia Lodi Rizzini said...

Complimenti Radka.bellissima trapunta..ti ammiro molto! E la torta deve essere deliziosa...da noi ormai le ciliegie sono finite..

Saija said...

Beautiful!!! I love colors, pattern and everything :) Perfect!

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a beautiful quilt. The colours and fabrics are wonderful, bright but calming at the same time. Your bubble cake looks delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017