I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Friday, 29 July 2016

fruit time

This is another block for Quiltmania BOM quilt - this one is no 12.



Now is a jam making time; I like making jams and I like to experiment with various fruit combinations, depending on which fruit is around. 
I already made a plain strawberry jam a couple of weeks ago, so now for something little more interesting - peaches, apricots and yellow plums jam. 
I made this jam last summer and we have just finished the last jar; it was a real success.



I make my jams in small batches; by autumn I should have a selection of various flavours.

I use a very simple method.
I cut up all the fruit, weigh it and then use just a half of this amount in sugar (I don't add any water).
I put layers of fruit and sugar in a large saucepan, cover and leave for few hours (usually overnight).
The fruit releases its own juices and then I simply boil it until it reaches a setting point.
Ladle into warm jars, screw the tops on - it is as easy as that.







In the middle of the winter, on a cold and wet morning, 
we will be spreading a little bit of sunshine on our toast.

 Have a wonderful weekend!

©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2016

7 comments:

  1. Love your block and thank you for the jam making tip, yours looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors on the block, they remind me of the fuchsias I used to grow in California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beauty you have created with this block.
    Jam sounds very tempting and mouth watering have to own up to never having made jam in my life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty block Radka and your jam sounds delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Radka, nov blok je super, teším sa z toho, ako ich všetky pospájaš! Podľa mňa to bude umelecké dielo!
    Džemik to teda musí byť výborný, rôzne druhy ovocia robia nové chute!
    Pekný víkend ti prajem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are so wonderful,love the fabrics!
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that beautiful flower block!! You pick the best fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017