my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Tuesday, 17 January 2017

embroidered silk bag - another finished project

I have been going through my project boxes; 
some of the projects have been around for a quite some time! 




I wanted to make the silk bag ever since I saw it in this copy of Inspirations magazine; that's going back several years!

I bought all I needed for the embroidery at the time, but that as far as it got.
 Other things took over........


























After a very long break, I did get going at last; the embroidery was done!








And then it went back into its project box....., moved house......, until this month.
I finished it last night!









This could be a good year for emptying my project boxes! 😀




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2017

12 comments:

Tiggy Rawling said...

Radka, that is a beautiful silk bag.

The 'good' thing about the cold weather is just sitting down and getting on with stitching! Too cold to do anything else!

Gaia said...

Love the embroidery work and wonderfully stitched.

Gudrun said...

Mycket vackert!!!!Färger,broderi,ja,allt!

Hälsningar Gudrun

Lin said...

Stunning!! xx

Lin said...

and totally gorgeous! xx

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

Isn't it so nice to pull out an unfinished project and actually finish it? Your bag is beautiful and will be the envy of all if you bring it to embroidery meetings, as I hope you will. We often talk about "bag envy" in our meetings. Well done!

margaret said...

such a pretty bag. Inspirations is a wonderful magazine but stopped at no 89 when I got hooked on quilting and I think I have recently read that it is being discontinued but maybe I am muddling it with another Aussie magazine

Pamela said...

This is beautiful! I can understand why you wanted to make it! Fantastic!

Juliettecherry said...

It is so pretty, I love the soft colours.

Jen said...

Hello Radka, Beautiful silk bag and stitching such pretty colours. A good feeling to finish a project that has been waiting. I loved seeing Luna in her French lace knickers.

Mizumatte said...

what a beautiful bag

Maxine Lesline said...

lovely lovely bag... the embroidery and ground certainly are simpatico.I would carry it around the house, placing it in locations easily seen.. just to enjoy something so lovely to be seen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017