my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Thursday, 16 February 2017

Les Fleurs du Mardi - finished

and on the wall of our dining room.


I really enjoyed playing with fabrics on this quilt.
All blocks are hand stitched needleturn applique.

You know you are nearly there when you are putting it all together; 
but, of course, there is still the quilting to be done.


I use tags instead of pins when quilting, I find it more convenient and quicker,
and a handy tool for removing tags when the quilt is finished.














This large quilt had been a year in making and I just wanted to see it finished, so I took a deep breath and went for machine quilting; it was quite a learning curve, as this is only the second quilt I have ever machine quilted.
Because of the variety of blocks, I used simple free form quilting inside the blocks,


but for the borders I used for the first time the Parrs-Reel Ruler 
I bought at a show last year.

 





I was taking quilt pictures outside, but the quilt was too long for the washing line.




Les Fleurs du Mardi - TheTuesday Flowers - was BOM 2016 by French magazine Quiltmania; 2 blocks were being published the last Tuesday each month.



All blocks were taken from this book, 
also published by Quiltmania.












Although I am very pleased with the result - it is time to move on......



©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2017

11 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Wow, what a beautiful and stunning quilt! Bravo on a fantastic finish. And you've used your new rulers for the first time. Did you like to work with them? I often use the tag thingie to sandwich my quilts and and I too got one of those handy tools to remove them so no more cutting into the quilt with scissors as I've done before ;(!

Gudrun said...

Wonderful!!°! What a great job you have done.I can understand you are very happy seeing it ready on the wall.Summerfeelings,nice!!
xx

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Tak to naozaj môžešbyť spokojná! Deka je prekrásna!
Pa

nestki said...

This is a masterpiece and so uplifting to view! Congratulations.

Juliettecherry said...

Just love the soft pretty colours of your quilt. Seems to bring Spring closer. Your system for machine quilting is very effective and finished it off nicely. Do you prefer it or still like hand quilting?

Klaudia said...

Liebe Radka,

herzlichen Glückwunsch zu deinem wunderschönen Quilt...es ist eine wunderschöne Arbeit.Er wird dir bestimmt sehr viel Freude bereiten:

Herzliche Grüße Klaudia

Pamela said...

This is fabulous! Congratulations on a wonderful finish.

Lin said...

It looks beautiful Radka - a lovely finish. Congratulations. xx

Helen said...

Love love it, just beautiful !!

O meu pensamento viaja said...

Lovely!
Xoxo
Nina

Saija said...

It's beautiful!!! You have done lot of work, congratulations ! This ruler is interesting, it would be nice to try!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017