I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Friday, 7 April 2017

Crafts4Crafters show



at the Bath and West Showground in Shepton Mallet - yes, it is that time of year again, although this year it is happening a couple of weeks earlier.






This is not a large show, and it has been struggling for some years to attract exhibitors. This year there seem to be even more spaces between stands. I have been told stories of high rents for exhibitors; throw in poor facilities and there doesn't seem to be a reason to come here.
From my point of view, this year was again top heavy with card making stands.

Last year, for the first time, we had Stef Francis here; not this year.

There are some newcomers - like a really nice needle felting stand, The Makerss; if you like needle felting..

For me, the highlight of the show was Jan Horrox, who recently moved from London to the West Country, and this is her first time here.
I have been admiring her dolls for a long time, even got the book ages ago....., but never quite had the courage to tackle one of those faces. Until I chatted to Jan today; I bought the Basic Doll Makers Kit and few other bits, so watch this pace ūüėČ









Comfort from Kindness


I enjoyed a small exhibition of quilts up on the gallery - rather special quilts - Canadian Red Cross Quilts.
Part of a much larger collection, these were made by Canadian women during the WWII; thousands of these quilts were sent by The Canadian Red Cross Society to Britain and other parts of Europe.

Another part of a social history of the quilt.






















There are some interesting articles about Canadian Red Cross quilt here and here .

©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2017

6 comments:

Liliane de Paula said...

Eu gostei de tudo que vi nas suas imagens Radka.

Pamela said...

Love the quilts! Thanks for sharing them.

margaret said...

good to see some quilts on show. Look forward to seeing your doll seem to think I have the book too. How good to have met Jan I used to love working at the show we stayed in a beautiful house that had the attic as a flat and the owners were so friendly and welcomed us back every year also found a great Indian restaurant where we ate most nights.

Juliettecherry said...

Thank you for your review of this show. I always enjoy "hearing" about it. The dolls look most interesting, I love dolls, even have doll needles and long darners (for teddies etc.)

I will look forward to seeing one in progress. Wonder how difficult to sculpt the face, get the expression just right?

kiwikid said...

That us a beautiful doll, good luck with your kit. Lovely to see the quilts form Canada.

Lin said...

I love the soft colours of those Red Cross quilts. Good luck with the doll making Radka - they do look beautiful. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017