I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Monday, 29 May 2017

Ludlow and Croft Castle

Malvern Quilt Show out of the way, DH and I continued our short holiday.
On Friday we drove from Malvern to Ludlow (a pretty medieval market town on the Welsh border), sticking to "B" roads as much as possible, to enjoy more of the countryside.
Not our first visit here, but it would had been a shame not to visit again, while in the area.








I loved this plant and flower stall in the market.



From Ludlow we drove south, to Croft Castle  (NT), the home of Croft family for nearly 1,000 years.





The property is now in the care of National Trust, but not all of the rooms are accessible, as most of the upstairs rooms are still being used by the Croft family.
The downstairs decor is mainly from post first world war period.








On the wall in one of the small rooms is this beautiful fabric collage of the Croft Castle.
It is behind the glass, so unfortunately you will see some reflection.







The large attraction of the Croft Castle is its huge parkland, with many walks; unfortunately we were little too late in the day to explore those; but we spent a nice time in the large walled garden.


















Back to Wyche Inn for one more night, but not before we drove to Welland, a village near Malvern, which we passed through the previous day. The reason? 
Their village green, small wild flower meadow,




with these beautiful orchids.



Nearly time to go home, but there is one more place to explore on the way....

©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2017

6 comments:

Lin said...

Lovely tour Radka - Ludlow looks amazing. The collage is beautiful - do you know who did it? I love walled gardens and the orchids are beautiful. xx

Daniela Bencúrová said...

No tak to som si prišla na svoje! Krásne foto historických miest, trh kvetov úchvatný, záhrada super......dík!

margaret said...

what a wonderful trip you had, not visited either place before but both Ludlow and Croft Castle look so worth visiting. The castle is beautiful both inside and outside.

Margaret Stickland said...

What can we say about flowers ? they bring joy wherever on film or in the garden, such a nice ramble through some of England in the summer as we enter winter.

Juliettecherry said...

I enjoyed your photos as I always do. Haven't been to Ludlow since childhood, I must find an opportunity to go one day. I haven't heard of Croft Castle, but what a delightful place it is. Lots of ooohs and ahhs for the garden photos. It is such a lovely part of the country.

Catherine said...

The orchids in Welland have been spectacular this year. I live in Hanley Swan which is the next village. I wish I had known you were visiting the Malvern show.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017