my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Friday, 26 May 2017

Malvern Quilt Show 2017

So, after all that rain on Wednesday, here comes Thursday and the first day of the show -
the sun was shining right from early morning, and it turnout to be a glorious day.
This was my second time in Malvern and each time I was lucky to have a beautiful day.
Malvern show is just the right size for me; not too large to overwhelm, but large enough to keep you busy for few hours.
There were some wonderful quilts in the show, and it is impossible to show all the ones I liked, but here is a quite a good selection.








































The next one was my favourite;
 you can probably see why, considering my current project.






























I bought few bits and bobs, and I thought I "behaved" quite well, until I stopped to talk to a very nice couple at the stall from Holland, specializing in Original Dutch chintzes. 



I am afraid I could not resist and came away with this
(a future project, very different from my recent ones): 


I hope you have enjoyed my show.

Next post - more sightseeing!

©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2017

8 comments:

Heather said...

I loved looking at your photos of the Malvern Quilt Show. Thank you for showing close up photos. So interesting to see the overall quilt and then be able to see the detail.

margaret said...

thankyou for sharing your photos some amazing quilts I share liking best the same one as you. Good buy too lovely fabric

méri said...

All are beautiful, but the first one put a great smile on my face.
Thank you for showing such wonderful works. Have a good weekend

Beatrice said...

Thank you for the pictures. Can't wait to see what you make with the fabrics from the Dutch shop!

Juliettecherry said...

Yes, I can see your favourite one is very much your style. I liked the one with the black background and all the colours, it is busy but just what I like in embroidery style.

I always seem to go for floral styles. Enjoyed that show very much.

Oops-Lah said...

Gorgeous quilts; the first one with the puffins is especially wonderful and also the "flower tree" talks to me too. I recently bought some of the Dutch fabrics too; although they are not my usual style, I just couldn't resist them as they are just so beautiful. No idea what I'll make with them, so I'm interested to see what will become of yours as I need some inspiration.

Lin said...

Well I love the puffins, and the Klimt and well nearly all of them really. And yes, I can see why you love the last one. I was very fortunate to visit Den Haan & Wagenmakers shop in Amsterdam some years ago and have been in love with their fabrics ever since so I am sureyou will enjoy your new project. xx

Pamela said...

Amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017